any1 help? (1 Viewer)

smilin4u

HSC
:confused: my hsc result was sooo bad n i couldnt expect...
so Tafe is my only choice n i sent my application in Jan,06.
Now is Feb....i have been waiting4 a month but i still havent receive
any letter or nodification from Tafe...Wot can i do? I sent heaps e-mail
to Tafe over this 1month...they always say that they r processing my
application.....sucks.....

i m so anxious...coz Tafe already started...they should tell me whether my
application is sucessful or not....right? If my application is unsucessful, is it
because my HSC result??? or i applied it too late???

7th Sign

HSC
i think the applications are already over...

u might have to wait untill the next application time in a few months..

bumbo_hippo

HSC
depending on wat course u r doin....buh there r heapz of pplz on da waiting list for business cert 2...apparently...i dunozz..my teachers said dat! so yeah~~
but i kno there r heapz of courses dat have heapz of pplz on da waiting list...
and most tafe courses...u can cut in half way through...if u think u can catch up and all....so yeah~
go to the campus and check it out....ask them bout it!!

smilin4u

HSC
crimsonsabre said:
are you re-doing the hsc?
apparently i'm waiting too, on the hsc program that is.
no...no way.....i m not redoing the hsc....=.=

i applied4 Graphic design and marketing....
they told me design is a popular course, so i must wait.......

smilin4u

HSC
7th Sign said:
i think the applications are already over...

u might have to wait untill the next application time in a few months..
OMG.....i dun wanna wait so long.........

Steph9

HSC
Have you tried calling the tafe of your 1st preference?

smilin4u

HSC
Steph9 said:
Have you tried calling the tafe of your 1st preference?
no i havent call the tafe yet...should i call?
and now i m thinking of doing SIBT in Macquarie Uni....

confusing..........

Steph9

HSC
Yeah, you should definately call. You can go to http://www.tafensw.edu.au/campuses/index.htm and just scroll down in "Find a Campus". Click on your campus and there should be a page about that particular campus in detail. You can also call the State Office of TAFE NSW Counselling and Career Services on (02) 9244 5103 who may be able to help you.

Hope this helps

LeftrightOut

Needs more cowbell
HSC
N/A
smilin4u said:
no i havent call the tafe yet...should i call?
It would be a good idea and one I suggested an hour after you posted your question. Missing one week might still make you ok to attend most classes. Are you sure the person you were emailing is actually involved with your course at all?

TAFE isn't like the borg, I have no idea what another campus is doing and to be honest I really don't care so get in touch at your local level to the person who is involved with what you want.

Steph9

HSC
LeftrightOut said:
It would be a good idea and one I suggested an hour after you posted your question. Missing one week might still make you ok to attend most classes. Are you sure the person you were emailing is actually involved with your course at all?

TAFE isn't like the borg, I have no idea what another campus is doing and to be honest I really don't care so get in touch at your local level to the person who is involved with what you want.
I may not neccessarily be involved in whatever course your doing, but I'm a TAFE student.

LeftrightOut

Needs more cowbell
HSC
N/A
Steph9 said:
I may not neccessarily be involved in whatever course your doing, but I'm a TAFE student.
Not sure what you are trying to imply. I am simply stating that emailing an address out of the handbook may not be the most efficient way for the original poster to get in touch with a person who is able to handle their query at such a late stage :)

As an example we had advertisements for vacant positions sent off and by the time the paper came out we filled the courses but it was too late to pull the ad. We've had to juggle class times because teachers have had things happen or accepted other positions etc etc. Now if you ring the campus/teacher direct they can tell you about these things as they occur, hence my suggestion.

I've been waiting for a week now to hear back about the status of my Masters at a uni, not even a "we're working on it" reply in all that time so I finally called them and sorted it all out in 5 minutes by talking direct with the co-ordinator. For some things use email, for others don't.

Steph9

HSC
LeftrightOut said:
Not sure what you are trying to imply. I am simply stating that emailing an address out of the handbook may not be the most efficient way for the original poster to get in touch with a person who is able to handle their query at such a late stage :)

Now if you ring the campus/teacher direct they can tell you about these things as they occur, hence my suggestion.

I've been waiting for a week now to hear back about the status of my Masters at a uni, not even a "we're working on it" reply in all that time so I finally called them and sorted it all out in 5 minutes by talking direct with the co-ordinator. For some things use email, for others don't.
If your're not part of the institution as a teacher or a student, you won't know which teacher to talk to. I was mearly giving a suggestion of the first contact through phone.

With you applying for your Masters, you probably already knew who to contact since you've studied at uni to do your other degrees, this person has not even gone into any tertiary and may not even know exactly which teacher to contact.

LeftrightOut

Needs more cowbell
HSC
N/A
Steph9 said:
If your're not part of the institution as a teacher or a student, you won't know which teacher to talk to. I was mearly giving a suggestion of the first contact through phone.
Your info was great, I was saying that instead of going "oh should I have called?" the original poster could have just done so when first suggested instead of waiting another few days to take action :)

Steph9 said:
With you applying for your Masters, you probably already knew who to contact since you've studied at uni to do your other degrees, this person has not even gone into any tertiary and may not even know exactly which teacher to contact.
Nope didn't have the faintest clue, i've had a break from the masters for a year and co-ordinators change. I had some queries regarding changing the majors and I went thorugh official channels using the official contact address of the department for internal student enquiries and still no response. I ended up calling the front desk of the University who put me through to the front desk of the department who put me through to the head of studies who then put me through to the program co-ordinator :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)