Anybody doing a science plz read (1 Viewer)

Brontecat

HSC
I was looking through the syllabus for chemistry (which i'm doing next year) and found that there was a list of assumed knowledge for each subject - i thought it would be helpful to revise before i start each topic so i typed it up into a word document.

These are attached if anybody would like to look through the assumed knowledge for their science course.

if you find this helpful plz do not be afraid to positively rep. me :)

Edit: sorry i missed eco when i have a chance i'll add that one too

Last edited:

cutemouse

Account Closed
HSC
N/A
'Assumed knowledge' for Preliminary Sciences (though I can only speak for Chemistry and Physics) is really not important. I mean, an overseas student who hasn't done Science before often do well in them, so I think that speaks for itself.

So don't stress if you don't quite fill the criteria of assumed knowledge as you do end up revising it all again in the course, provided that you have a decent teacher.

Will Shakespear

mumbo magic
HSC
those are just dotpoints from the stage 5 syllabus

in a way the whole syllabus is assumed knowledge

but luckily you've all just completed stage 5, so it's ok :D

Aquawhite

Retiring
HSC
Uni Grad
Hehe, went to the trouble of making them! :D Good work. All the year 10 science knowledge sticks like glue... well any science does really!

Brontecat

HSC
probs not but it does make me feel a bit better especially since my dad keeps telling me that i'm going to fail chemistry like he did when he was at skool

the-derivative

BCom/LLB (UNSW)
HSC
probs not but it does make me feel a bit better especially since my dad keeps telling me that i'm going to fail chemistry like he did when he was at skool
Most courses nowdays are a lot 'simpler' than they were 'back in the old days'. For example physics - there's barely any calculations anymore and it's all formula based, and I'm assuming Chem has been simplified over the years.

Anyway back on topic - that would've been useful, but not essential. From what I know in physics - there wasn't a lot you needed from Stage 5 and the parts we did need to know - were really easy, for example Distance = Speed x Time

Aquawhite

Retiring
HSC
Uni Grad
Most courses nowdays are a lot 'simpler' than they were 'back in the old days'. For example physics - there's barely any calculations anymore and it's all formula based, and I'm assuming Chem has been simplified over the years.

Anyway back on topic - that would've been useful, but not essential. From what I know in physics - there wasn't a lot you needed from Stage 5 and the parts we did need to know - were really easy, for example Distance = Speed x Time
Haha, if you can't remember distance, the there is something truly wrong because it is simple general knowledge which you work out similar things in primary school with small numbers :D

Lukybear

HSC
Dude, trust me, your much more smarter then your parents.Parents are always like that, esepecially asian ones.

Will Shakespear

mumbo magic
HSC

that's true

you know teachers basically aren't allowed to use maths in stage 5 science

distance = speed * time is part of the "additional" content, lolz

Aquawhite

Retiring
HSC
Uni Grad
HAHA yeah.

Makes it a lot easier for people who bludged in Year 10 , like me :)
My class didn't even get the time to complete proper 5.3 course that we were meant to. Our school's grading for maths is still retarded with "grading tasks" which are soo jammed together so that by the time one is finished and handed back and what not, there is a quick time to get back to what we were doing... then we HAVE to revise over the topic being studied (like mega ultra simple basic baby stuff) of which we spent ages doing... what a waste.

We wouldn't have even had time to shove in distance / time = speed :D BAHAH!

bageshri

HSC
I was looking through the syllabus for chemistry (which i'm doing next year) and found that there was a list of assumed knowledge for each subject - i thought it would be helpful to revise before i start each topic so i typed it up into a word document.

These are attached if anybody would like to look through the assumed knowledge for their science course.

if you find this helpful plz do not be afraid to positively rep. me :)

Edit: sorry i missed eco when i have a chance i'll add that one too
:wave: hey thank u!!!!!!!!!
refreshed ma memory!!!
hehe!
cheers!

kangms

HSC
You don't need to know anything. If you haven't learnt them in year 10,9,8,7, you will eventually learn them in year 11/12. They cover the important ones that you need to know for the HSC.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)