Anybody in International Business? (1 Viewer)

MooshyMoosh

HSC
I was just wondering how many ppl are doing International Business, cos when I went to Academic Advising there was only around 15 for that session. Then Orientation I only met one other person doing IB (Everyone seems to be doing accounting or finance etc. )...

I was also wondering whether anybody knows the number of undergrad students enrolled in BBC this year, and which key program has the most students? Why do I want to know? I'm just plain curious =]

h3da

HSC
I was just wondering how many ppl are doing International Business, cos when I went to Academic Advising there was only around 15 for that session. Then Orientation I only met one other person doing IB (Everyone seems to be doing accounting or finance etc. )...

I was also wondering whether anybody knows the number of undergrad students enrolled in BBC this year, and which key program has the most students? Why do I want to know? I'm just plain curious =]
alot of people are doing accounting as their key program and i saw a fair bit in marketing as well.. It doesn't really matter because half of your units will be the same as most of us.. Especially first year like marketing principles,BAS and such.. I never went to academic advising because i thought it was a waste of time, and i thought we should go to orientation when it was really a waste of time.

haylz234

HSC

hi,

yep im doing international business, and im doing introduction to intl bus this semester (avoiding the maths-y subjects, doing them next semester) - wasn't heaps surprised by the sheer amount of people taking accounting and marketing, was expecting heaps in those core. are you starting your elective this semester, or doing it in the spring ?

the number of undergrads in the BBC is approx 1400, depending on the amount of people who accepted their main round offer, and those who got one in the later two rounds. no idea as to the number of people taking accounting or marketing but i would say there are lots and lots :)

what did you think of orientation ? was fairly disappointed, left at midday.

h3da

HSC
hi,

yep im doing international business, and im doing introduction to intl bus this semester (avoiding the maths-y subjects, doing them next semester) - wasn't heaps surprised by the sheer amount of people taking accounting and marketing, was expecting heaps in those core. are you starting your elective this semester, or doing it in the spring ?

the number of undergrads in the BBC is approx 1400, depending on the amount of people who accepted their main round offer, and those who got one in the later two rounds. no idea as to the number of people taking accounting or marketing but i would say there are lots and lots :)

lol it was the biggest waste of time.. There wasn't even any tours or anything besides taking us to useless computer lab which we just walked out as soon as she said something about teaching us how to access the site.. And some many people alone by themselves on that day.. Anti social or something lol

haylz234

HSC
lol it was the biggest waste of time.. There wasn't even any tours or anything besides taking us to useless computer lab which we just walked out as soon as she said something about teaching us how to access the site.. And some many people alone by themselves on that day.. Anti social or something lol
yeah thought it was a little disorganised. should be an interesting first few weeks. mm lots of people on their own, but lots in groups aswell? no one from my high school is doing that degree. lots of new people :)

h3da

HSC
yeah thought it was a little disorganised. should be an interesting first few weeks. mm lots of people on their own, but lots in groups aswell? no one from my high school is doing that degree. lots of new people :)
Yea alot of people in groups, and those who were alone the whole session.. Its good in a new environment from high school friends because so many are just bad influence and also good for starting fresh. Its going to suck if the people are so hard to talk to.. You know those.. hi "whats your name?" "bob" and then you have to ask question again.. lol

devon321

HSC
yep doing it. anybody know how much the textbook will cost for this unit? my books already have killed me lol

haylz234

HSC
Yea alot of people in groups, and those who were alone the whole session.. Its good in a new environment from high school friends because so many are just bad influence and also good for starting fresh. Its going to suck if the people are so hard to talk to.. You know those.. hi "whats your name?" "bob" and then you have to ask question again.. lol
yesss completely agree. i reckon people are just nervous being thrown into a completely unfamiliar situation and no familiar faces. i guess it will just take a little while for people to click in their tutes and stuff.

lol. i suck at remembering names, so i will have to keep asking for the next few weeks.

h3da

HSC
yesss completely agree. i reckon people are just nervous being thrown into a completely unfamiliar situation and no familiar faces. i guess it will just take a little while for people to click in their tutes and stuff.

lol. i suck at remembering names, so i will have to keep asking for the next few weeks.
I guess it was much harder on orientation to make friends.. Tutorials, people will have to make friends if they want to make their uni life more exciting.. people just need to start a conversation with the person they sitting next to.. Plus if they are doing marketing principles they have to.. some of it is group work lol

haylz234

HSC
I guess it was much harder on orientation to make friends.. Tutorials, people will have to make friends if they want to make their uni life more exciting.. people just need to start a conversation with the person they sitting next to.. Plus if they are doing marketing principles they have to.. some of it is group work lol

yep exactly. just takes one person to turn around and introduce themselves, and it starts a wave reaction ahah.

so you're at parra i take it? marketing principles ay. what day?

h3da

HSC
yep exactly. just takes one person to turn around and introduce themselves, and it starts a wave reaction ahah.

so you're at parra i take it? marketing principles ay. what day?
wednesday 9-11 for lecture 12 -1 for tutorial.( wanted 11-12 tutorial but it filled up instantly) u?

I hate cramming so i chose 4 days with only like 4 hours each day so i dont get sick of uni.

Last edited:

MooshyMoosh

HSC
hi,

Hi haylz, I'm doing intro to ib too, so I'll see u at the lecture on friday ^^. Unfortunately the tutorial straight after filled up so quicky, so I hav to go to the one on monday, so now I have to go to Uni everyday T_T... I knew there would be a lot of ppl taking accounting and marketing, but there's just so many lol, its kinda intimadating...

Orientation was- like ac advising- a waste of time imo. I left midday too, the only thing I thought was good was the student diary [heck, its free] lol...

MooshyMoosh

HSC
yep doing it. anybody know how much the textbook will cost for this unit? my books already have killed me lol
It costs $107.95 after its discounted. Yeah my txtbooks hav killed my budget. When I first saw the prices I was like :jaw: couldn't believe it.... and there's still one more semester!!

haylz234

HSC
hey - no DONT BUY IT NEW! i went onto textbook exchange, got a really good condition one (latest edition) for $45.

or go on ebay, i picked up my other three from there.

ah sweet mooshymoosh, will be at that lecture on friday - managed to get that tute straight after, but yeah im there four days a week, like devon321, trying to fit work + everything in .

busy busy busy.

anybody going to management dynamics lecture tomorrow night at six??

MooshyMoosh

HSC
hey - no DONT BUY IT NEW! i went onto textbook exchange, got a really good condition one (latest edition) for $45.

or go on ebay, i picked up my other three from there.

ah sweet mooshymoosh, will be at that lecture on friday - managed to get that tute straight after, but yeah im there four days a week, like devon321, trying to fit work + everything in .

busy busy busy.

anybody going to management dynamics lecture tomorrow night at six??
Too late, I bought all my textbooks new :(... I went on textbookexchange, but I didn't know whether or not it was the current edition... I'm gonna see if I can buy my textbooks for next semester from other ppl who are doing my spring units this semester or sumfin... Hopefully that will be a good idea...

Ahhh ebay, if only I'd known earlier that they had bbc textbooks too :(

nymaxmo

HSC

Hello I am in IB.....

I missed the 2th Academic Advising Day...=|| after that they send me email and told me to go the next one....yeah exactly almost 75%+ people doing accounting....(cry)

MooshyMoosh

HSC
Hello I am in IB.....

I missed the 2th Academic Advising Day...=|| after that they send me email and told me to go the next one....yeah exactly almost 75%+ people doing accounting....(cry)

:jaw:wooow... 75%??!! I didn't expect it to be that much...

nymaxmo

HSC
I don't know today my Marketing TUT like almost half of them said doing accounting

kartik_007

HSC
Hi guys,

I am in my final year doing International business sorry last semester so if u guys need any notes, books and help do tell me, i am mostly in parra and campbelltown campuss so i hope i catch any of u guys in those two places and overall internaltional business is lot easier than other conventional majors like accounting and finance so yea if u r new or old students relax its very easy, u will end up with HD, D AND C'S.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)