anyone been to or want to go to India (1 Viewer)

a-n-d-r-e-w

HSC
So yeah, anyone been or want to. i went in september last year. Absolutely awesome, best place ive ever been. id like to hear from any fellow indian travellers

JaredR

Save Sderot
HSC
On my last trip to Israel I flew to Egypt for a week, and found it to be absolutely disgusting. Of the 10,000 tonnes of rubbish produced in Cairo each day, only 4,000 is collected and managed - of the more than 2,000,000 cars on th road, 60% are over 10 years old and so pollution is terrible.

Because of the poverty, a white face is a means of money and they all try and rip you off or act overly friendly with you.

The sites were good but other than that, I would not reccommend visiting Egypt unless on a tour...

Now if you're wondering why I just went on abotu Egypt when you're asking about India, I'm interested to know if it is just as 'bad' as I have mentioned Egypt as being?

It's not on my list of priorities but eventually I would still like to visit.

aileenli

HSC
Great food, lovely people, nice place to visit.

Although I'm speaking about a 'posh' place in Metropolitan Mumbai.

L-esky

HSC
I haven't been to India but I definitely wanna go there sometime. It's quite high on my list of places I wanna visit.

chicky_pie

POTATO HEAD ROXON
HSC
JaredR said:
On my last trip to Israel I flew to Egypt for a week, and found it to be absolutely disgusting. Of the 10,000 tonnes of rubbish produced in Cairo each day, only 4,000 is collected and managed - of the more than 2,000,000 cars on th road, 60% are over 10 years old and so pollution is terrible.

Because of the poverty, a white face is a means of money and they all try and rip you off or act overly friendly with you.

The sites were good but other than that, I would not reccommend visiting Egypt unless on a tour...

Now if you're wondering why I just went on abotu Egypt when you're asking about India, I'm interested to know if it is just as 'bad' as I have mentioned Egypt as being?

It's not on my list of priorities but eventually I would still like to visit.

I'm sure the title says India and not Egypt, lol.

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
A friend of mine went backpacking there, hated every moment of it and came back with a grudge against every Indian person on the planet. We'd drop India into the conversation while she was around just to watch her get fired up because it was hilarious to watch.

I dunno, maybe if you take the tried and tested tourist route it's okay, though.

Shoubadoo

HSC
Roguedeth said:
i woudl like to try the food
You can do that here as well...but eating dishes in the country of its origin is always nicer :]
I have two beautiful dresses my dad brought back from his work trips to india.
Made by poor women, no doubt :(

aileenli

HSC
^CoSMic DoRiS^^ said:
A friend of mine went backpacking there, hated every moment of it and came back with a grudge against every Indian person on the planet. We'd drop India into the conversation while she was around just to watch her get fired up because it was hilarious to watch.

I dunno, maybe if you take the tried and tested tourist route it's okay, though.
Yeah, I would hate to backpack around there - especially if I didn't know the language (which I do). Also, its safer eating the food here since you get horrible delhi belly from the restaurants.

You're best bet would be to do the city thing in Mumbai...

fernando

Poo
HSC
N/A
We were going to go to India this year but decided 3 days wasn't enough. Will def do it next year or something.
But from what i've heard its absolutely amazing. food/clothes/temples/scenery
but i really love rural run down areas as opposed to the poshy areas. that's just me.

anyway. Sri Lanka is a bazillion times better :p

Born2baplacebo

Get Behind Me Satan
HSC
I've lived in various parts of India for about 3 years of my life when I was little. I even spent some of year 7 there at a boarding school where I was the only white girl there. I've been/lived in:
> New Dehli
> Dehli
> Duhradun
> Bangalore
> Bubanshswer (I forgot how to spell it)
> Culcutta
> Agra
But I've never been to Bombay...it was an interesting experience. I was sliding on the Taj Mahal and stacked it totally. Watching cows/water buffalos walk across the road freely, hearing the amount of beeping going on between the traffic, buying bottled water, lol, eating chilli and walking through The Ganges. It was an experience.

blakegman

HSC
N/A
if i wanted to see poor homeless people i would go to redfern.

And it only costs $4.60 return.

L-esky

HSC
blakegman said:
if i wanted to see poor homeless people i would go to redfern.

And it only costs $4.60 return.
Yeah, but some of us actually like the idea of leaving the country and experiencing a different culture.
Also, we don't all live near Redfern so it's not only $4.60 return for everyone.

kaz1

et tu
HSC
Uni Grad
i've been to bangladesh which is sorta like a poorer,corrupt and more dangerous india

vasuu91

HSC
india can either be a nightmare or complete bliss!!!!
just go with someone who knows their way around there coz as soon as the local 'tourguides'( they arent even licensed) see a white person they charge them triple the rates and bullshit their way around the history of places. and if u are with someone trustworthy chances are u'll come back with ur stomach alright and yet would have enjoyed the local food......its beautiful for its temples, monuments etc but who u go with really matters!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)