Anyone Doing Forensics??? (1 Viewer)

HSC
Hey,

Does anyone do forensic science at uni or know someone who has?? If you do can u please tell me what u think of it and how it is at uni or what the person u know thinks of it??

Thnx...mwahz

Dr_Doom

HSC
I am thinking of doing forensics. Does anyone know what UAI is required to do it?

HSC
I am assuming this year's UAI might be higher than usual...probably 80-90 mark
:( I AM SO NERVOUS I FEEL LIKE IF I DONT GET A GOOD UAI MY LIFE WILL BE OVER!!! :bomb:

HSC
Yes I do kno what u mean Argonaut. I am not really keen on uni...i mean if i make it in then ill try my best but if i dont then its no big deal but my old folks are a little narrow-minded...if u know what i mean... They come from a cultural background where if u finish year 12 and apply for uni and dont make it then it just means UR DUMB straight away...i disagree with them but wat can i do...ohh well..

Thnx for ur thread
Mwahz

kyu_chan

the REAL nightmare begins
HSC
Well, I'm doing BSc at UNSW... thinking of majoring in forensics... That's one option... (and getting into B Sc isn't that hard as there are many places and the UAI req isn't that high) but I'm not sure about going through to the actual forensics course... @_@

HSC
Damn...y does everything have 2 be so complicated...
I guess u guys gave me a clearer picture of Forensics

Mwahz

Dr_Doom

HSC
Argonaut said:
Seriously. CSI blows everything out of proportion; it's mostly paperwork. Most tests take considerably longer than the shows make out - DNA testing usually takes a month or so for results - and they're nowhere near as reliable (DNA is good, but not bulletproof). In fact, public perception of what forensics actually is has been altered by CSI to the point where juries expect an analyst's results to be as clear as they get on the shows.

It is absolutely NOTHING like the show makes out, and it's both pointless and foolish to think so.
Whats even more rediculous is how they get a blurred out picture, then zoom in on something, then all these magic pixels jump into place and the picture is crystall clear and e vola there is your suspect. :D

It's obvious real life forensics would be nothing like CSI. But it's cool to think so :p

Dr_Doom

HSC
lol yeah. The best show on TV atm is prison break!

HSC
Lo0l...I missed the first episode of Prison Break so I ignored the rest..:(..

By the way wish me luck for my Bio exam on Tuesday :D

Mwahz

*yooneek*

@UTS...I <3 Jesus
HSC
hello!!!!!!!!!!!

im so into forensics too!!!

how exciting!!! the uai i need is 85 +... and i feel exactly like you (freaaaakin out)...

however, i do feel its in reach if i just ensure my heads screwed on... which, last time i checked, it was.

i rekon if you really want it- you sure can get it!!! even if you have to transfer after a year- as people are constantly reminding me- there are plenty of other ways in :)

good on you btw- forensics looks like the best job ever!!! ;)

hope bio goes well!!! i have my exam on tuesday too!!! :) xxx

Dr_Doom

HSC
*yooneek* said:
hello!!!!!!!!!!!

im so into forensics too!!!

how exciting!!! the uai i need is 85 +... and i feel exactly like you (freaaaakin out)...

however, i do feel its in reach if i just ensure my heads screwed on... which, last time i checked, it was.

i rekon if you really want it- you sure can get it!!! even if you have to transfer after a year- as people are constantly reminding me- there are plenty of other ways in :)

good on you btw- forensics looks like the best job ever!!! ;)

hope bio goes well!!! i have my exam on tuesday too!!! :) xxx
Good luck in your exams. I already had my bio exam. The teacher said it would be on every dot point. But it wasn't! lol, she prolly just said that so we would study it all. Make sure you know all about the scientists and experiments you did in class. The rest of the questions are sorta easy. I got a question "What is vernalisation?". I'm like wtf we didn't learn this, but then they can test you on yr 11 stuf aye? So I put B or something because it had the word Verna in it.. So I looked it up when I got home and I got it wrong :santa:

HSC
Hey YOONEEK, u go Giirl!!!...lo0l...Dont worry u can make it...I have to put my head in its place too...hehe
Lol I am so weak at studying my experiments i get em mixed up...lo0l

Hey Doom I added you on my msn...i hope u dont mind :)

Mwahz...

*yooneek*

@UTS...I <3 Jesus
HSC
you guys are awesome!!!

isn't support a beautiful thing!!!

hey doom, i have never even heard of "vernalisation"... and i do bio...so hmmm...
weird!!!

im sure u aced the exam!

and chaldo, im sure you're going to go excellent! don't worry about mixing things up- in the exam just go with your first instinct- im sure it'll be right :)

xxx

doom what do you wanna do after school?

HSC
Hey thnx u guys. I hope you all do and done well in ur exams...

Ok I'll go and hit the books now:(...i mean literally hit the books...haha

Mwahz...

Dr_Doom

HSC
Hey if I can ace it you two will aswell! I wanted to get into forensics or criminology or something like that. Years ago I wanted to be a pilot but that dream is goone lol.
I will post my result here when I get it back. Prolly after the hols sometime.. Anyone going to the easter show this year?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)