anyone else think geography is a bit of a wank? (1 Viewer)

apollo

i picked it this year without really knowing what i was in for...

i just learned the world cities thing, even though my teacher told me not to bother, and MEIN GOTT! it's a complete fucking toss!

this city is very important, blah, blah blah. this town is getting smaller, while the other gets bigger! regional centres coordinate good & service flows to connect with metropolitcan centres, which connect with global centres, which connect them to the rest of the world!

am i missing something, or is world cities really that much of a pushover? and, am i alone in the belief that geography is boring and rediculously simple, or do others think so to?

PoLaRbEaR

The Bear
HSC
Yes I think it's crap too!! I was going to drop it at the end of year 11 but to my dismay I couldn't [noo another year....] Im not into humanitarian subjects so I find it extremely boring...

evilc

I am a fish
HSC
yeah, it was a bit (LOT) of a wank when i did it last year, but its not hard to go well in if you chuck in a bit of last minute cramming

Scotty_HKHS

Oi, I think it's a mad class hey.

It's a total wank, but what's wrong with that? With all my other classes, it was always good to have GEO to go to, rest and learn something every now and then.

It's going to be an easy mark getter come HSC time in a few weeks... whenever it's on.

Skills are easy and the essays will be simple with a bit of cram-work.

Now General Maths--that's a wank.

-Scotty

Nearlythere

HSC
N/A
I agree that Geography is full of crap. World cities etc are by far the worst topic and all i know is that they dominate the trade and financial flows around them or something.
Geog is my worst subject and its gonna bring down my uai heaps. The bastard. hehe
ps if anyones good at skills i need help!

piccaninny

invisible
HSC
i hate urban dynamics too. i will never forget that field trip to towra point ( its at risk) for the rest of my life. it was year ago on the most coldest day, it was raining all day. we had to walk through the bloody cold ( like ice) smelly and dirty water/mud.
the water level was 1.2 metres high and we have to walk through it twice, it was a nightmare!! 2 girls injured themselves (1 girl was bleeding), teacher gave his own jamper to 1 girl because she started to freeze to death ( true). my hands were shaking from cold, so i accidently dropped my geo folder and my camera into mud water (its gone). at the end of excursion no one could barely talk ad walk. so our teacher gave a lift home to most of the students. on the next day only 2 people came to school from entire class ( i was one of them) the rest of the class was sick.

and on that day i undertood i will never ever be geographer.

Last edited:

apollo

^^ that's a disaster!!

we went to towra point too, but it was april this year, and a sunny warm day... other than the mossies it was fine :)

yenta

veyron <3
HSC
I find geo boring, but not ridiculously simple, maybe u just have a really good teacher or something, coz my teacher was way too easygoing, didnt make us work, basically had the attitude "its up to u to do work and do well" and blah blah...so I reckon it can be hard

yenta

veyron <3
HSC
what/where is towra point? We went to a dairy farm, it was so stupid, boring and smelly. We got to milk cows yay (not) and while we were doing so the cows kept pissing all over the place. Not very nice. In conclusion geography sux.

Benno

HSC
in term 4 last year everyone in my Geo class got to go to Thredbo

since i wasnt at school term 4 i missed out!!! :(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)