anyone going to the real inspector hound production? (1 Viewer)

waterbottle

your buttcheeks is warm
HSC
i just got home from it and yay it was really really good and very funny. and the first inspector hound was fucking hot.

ishq

brown?
HSC
Ooooh...give us the spicy details! i cant wait till tomo! Where did Moon and Birdboot sit?

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
I thought it was bloody fantastic! Mrs Drudge was the centrepience of the play as far as ability goes, she infused her part with so much humour and enthusiasm, whether it be her use of a toothbrush in both cleaning the furniture and her teeth, the downing of alcohol and her mimicry of voices when testifying to the Inspector of threats made by the cast. Cynthia Muldoon was also done extraordinarily well, with her melodramatic yelling of her husband's name while gazing at his portrait. Also something of great delight to me, was when the Inspector and Cynthia are debating over whether or not the dead body is in fact her husbands and she continually glances at the painting as if even *she* does not know what her husband looks like without the painting. Magnus Muldoon is also portrayed effectively as an agro bastard who is slightly unhinged by both his voice and the music that is played when any exit is made. Felicity portrayed the cattiness very well and the personality but i thought she verged towards screeching in her efforts to project her voice to the audience...In short this play was bloody fantastic, wonderful, terrific, humourous and splendiforous. Go see it!
Edit: Ishq, they sat elevated in the centre of the stage behind the main action but still prominent.

ishq

brown?
HSC
Oooh! thank you! It sounds wonderful!
But - where did Moon and Birdboot sit? :(
Was it very crowded?

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
kami said:
I thought it was bloody fantastic! Mrs Drudge was the centrepience of the play as far as ability goes, she infused her part with so much humour and enthusiasm, whether it be her use of a toothbrush in both cleaning the furniture and her teeth, the downing of alcohol and her mimicry of voices when testifying to the Inspector of threats made by the cast. Cynthia Muldoon was also done extraordinarily well, with her melodramatic yelling of her husband's name while gazing at his portrait. Also something of great delight to me, was when the Inspector and Cynthia are debating over whether or not the dead body is in fact her husbands and she continually glances at the painting as if even *she* does not know what her husband looks like without the painting. Magnus Muldoon is also portrayed effectively as an agro bastard who is slightly unhinged by both his voice and the music that is played when any exit is made. Felicity portrayed the cattiness very well and the personality but i thought she verged towards screeching in her efforts to project her voice to the audience...In short this play was bloody fantastic, wonderful, terrific, humourous and splendiforous. Go see it!
Edit: Ishq, they sat elevated in the centre of the stage behind the main action but still prominent.
It was ok, near to full but not quite jam packed i would say, but i didnt have much of an issue since i got to sit in the front row :D

ishq

brown?
HSC
In accordance with popular opinion, it was fantastic! On its own, and when compared to the renedition at Parramatta last week. My personal favourite would have to be Mrs. Drudge's mimicry near the end. It was hilarious.
Oh, and yes. Inspector Hound was hot. :)

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
I think the one who played Mrs.Drudge has a future ahead of her...what did you think of the toothbrush? lol

ishq

brown?
HSC
:)
It was disgustingly hilarious! It actually made me cringe and laugh at the same time. She was absolutely great. I especially liked the way she licked and partially ate the biscuits and sugar cubes before passing them on to Major Magnus. And how he put them in his pocket. Oh yes, and her curtsies.

What did you think of Moon?

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
lol..he was funny, all cramped up, he seriously looked like a whiny whinge bag, and the way he was so loopy:D...What did you think of the scene where Cynthia and Hound arguing over the dead body?

ishq

brown?
HSC
It was funny!
She wasnt sure whether it really wasn't Albert. She kept doing these double takes to the portrait on the wall! lol! I liked the way she said "I love Allllbert uhhh!" with her hand stretched out towards the portrait, every time.
The audience laughed most at the "my god! she does have her mouth open." Understandably.
The guys sitting behind me all knew Simon Gascoyne, and so, everytime, in the first act, when he did his fake "har har har" laugh or kissed Cynthia, they started whistling and shouting obscenities. :D

nwatts

HSC
I went, and saw 'Black Comedy' as well, which was nowhere near as good. :)

I felt it was a fantastic production. Very funny, well acted and maintained a good pace and energy. Really an enjoyable experience, as well as helping to understand various concepts Stoppard raises.

desdemona

HSC
You go girl!

Hi i was part of the audience and i remember a group of intelligent 'girls' asking decent and insightful questions. You actually helped studnets clarify their own ideas and the guy just sitting up the front asked questions which lacked substance and no real connetion to the crime fiction genre. So you go girls!!!!!!
Hey where did you get those criticisims? who gave them to you? wish our teacher could give us some infor about the play.

monique66

desdemona said:
Hi i was part of the audience and i remember a group of intelligent 'girls' asking decent and insightful questions. You actually helped studnets clarify their own ideas and the guy just sitting up the front asked questions which lacked substance and no real connetion to the crime fiction genre. So you go girls!!!!!!
Hey where did you get those criticisims? who gave them to you? wish our teacher could give us some infor about the play.
was that directed at anyone in particular? Did u go to the parramatta performance or the one at the uni? Hmm..in terms of critisism i think these are actually what people thought, nothing that the teachers gave them...at least i don't think so.. :eek:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)