Anyone have any miracle stories about ranks? (1 Viewer)

mutezarathustra

HSC
http://community.boredofstudies.org/showthread.php?t=306035&p=6359692#post6359692

A quick skim through the above thread makes it obvious that I am on the verge of failing. (see: ranks in chemistry, physics and Adv Eng) It grieves me deeply to admit that I have become the embodiment of failure, by letting my ranks drop so far to the point of (almost) no salvation. There's still trials left, however, and I'm oddly hopeful that I'll improve significantly.

Does anyone have any miracle stories about shooting up in ranks, where someone goes from the bottom 10 to the top 50 or so? The idea of still being able to scrape through with a B6 is resplendent in its impossibility, and I feel that motivation should not prove to be so spare if there are others who have managed to do spectacularly in the trials and rise through the ranks.

LoveHateSchool

Retired Sept '14
HSC
Uni Grad
You are in a top ten school, you are in a very lucky position as your assessment marks will have a small and tight spread in the end, you can most certainly improve ranks with trials and also, do well in the external HSC.

Your ranks at a top 10 school are far from 'fail'.

CM07

HSC
I feel the same way. And yet here I am up at 3.37AM rushing my EE2 due tomorrow with a Mod C assessment later today.
Motivation would be much welcome.
What ATAR are you aiming for?

Last edited:

LoveHateSchool

Retired Sept '14
HSC
Uni Grad
I feel the same way. And yet here I am up at 3.37AM rushing my EE2 due tomorrow with a Mod C assessment later today.
^
Some have pulled good marks with a time crunch like yourself, good luck with it and try and get as much sleep as you can before your Mod C test.

Also USYD hopeful, that's where I go :)

mutezarathustra

HSC
You are in a top ten school, you are in a very lucky position as your assessment marks will have a small and tight spread in the end, you can most certainly improve ranks with trials and also, do well in the external HSC.

Your ranks at a top 10 school are far from 'fail'.
My physics teacher is of the opinion that my assessment mark will be somewhere within high B4 - not exactly a glorious mark. Given the competitiveness at my school, I am indeed seen as a failure.

I finished my own EE2 major work 8:30 in the morning that it was due, so I know what you're going through. It ended up being absolutely rubbish, which is what I deserve after all, seeing as it was done within a day ;P Good luck with your assessment! I botched my own Mod C, so here's hoping that you do much, much better than I did. At least your school is better ranked than mine!

I originally wanted an ATAR of 99. I still do - and it might still be possible, seeing as my maths ranks are still salvageable; it all depends on trials, honestly, I think.

Nyx

HSC
Yeah, i got a very cool story about my mate Moey Dw. Yeah, he was coming last in all his subjects such as wood tech etc..then he was walking across a fairy land where there was an abdunace of unicorns and lepriocorns. Suddenly, a black geneie comes outta nowhere, and grants him a wish.
"Moey DW CUZZZ wattup brah? do u want a wish, i can grant u any wish bro."
moey was crying hysterically at this point of time, and in fact asked the black genie," yeh bro could u make me come first in all my HSC subjects?"
Next day, he teleported to school. And guess what. He was rank 1 in all his subjects!!!

how cool is that ????!!!!! trollface.jpg

CM07

HSC
^
Some have pulled good marks with a time crunch like yourself, good luck with it and try and get as much sleep as you can before your Mod C test.

Also USYD hopeful, that's where I go :)
It's not looking good right now. I still haven't finished my actual MW let alone Reflection. What is sleep?

USYD is where I want to be~

My physics teacher is of the opinion that my assessment mark will be somewhere within high B4 - not exactly a glorious mark. Given the competitiveness at my school, I am indeed seen as a failure.

I finished my own EE2 major work 8:30 in the morning that it was due, so I know what you're going through. It ended up being absolutely rubbish, which is what I deserve after all, seeing as it was done within a day ;P Good luck with your assessment! I botched my own Mod C, so here's hoping that you do much, much better than I did. At least your school is better ranked than mine!

I originally wanted an ATAR of 99. I still do - and it might still be possible, seeing as my maths ranks are still salvageable; it all depends on trials, honestly, I think.
I think I failed the exam... the unseen text was hard :(

We have to hand in our MW binded so I have to head off to Officeworks at 7AM so I can make it in time.

I'm really depending on trials to pull my ranks back up as well. I wish I worked harder earlier.

btx3

HSC
Uni Grad
Yeah, i got a very cool story about my mate Moey Dw. Yeah, he was coming last in all his subjects such as wood tech etc..then he was walking across a fairy land where there was an abdunace of unicorns and lepriocorns. Suddenly, a black geneie comes outta nowhere, and grants him a wish.
"Moey DW CUZZZ wattup brah? do u want a wish, i can grant u any wish bro."
moey was crying hysterically at this point of time, and in fact asked the black genie," yeh bro could u make me come first in all my HSC subjects?"
Next day, he teleported to school. And guess what. He was rank 1 in all his subjects!!!

how cool is that ????!!!!! trollface.jpg

you're a fucking legend like you dont know how much i love you.

dildo singh

HSC
I was coming bottom ten in all of my subjects - SAC, CAFS, senior geography, general maths and ESL, but I managed to get an ATAR of 43.65. I am currently a Certificate I in Janitorial Studies at Blacktown TAFE. I am a success, follow in my footsteps and you'll be fine ;D

nerdasdasd

Dont.msg.me.about.english
HSC
Uni Grad
I was coming bottom ten in all of my subjects - SAC, CAFS, senior geography, general maths and ESL, but I managed to get an ATAR of 43.65. I am currently a Certificate I in Janitorial Studies at Blacktown TAFE. I am a success, follow in my footsteps and you'll be fine ;D
Yep.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)