Anyone interested in MT/Kickboxing? (1 Viewer)

JoeI

HSC
If interested in MT or Kickboxing, what gym you go to and what are your thoughts on it.

I need some help as I would like to join a gym.

I really like watching K1 and Lumpini fights and Buakhao P.P is the man.

I hope to see any MT/Kickboxing fans or enthusiatics who does the sport. Really do, considering the fact that it isnt that popular in australia.

Luke!

Sexual Revolutionist
HSC
Late reply, but I've been doing Muay Thai on/off for a few years now. It's without a doubt the best sport around.

And you're right, Buakaw is the best Muay Thai fighter to come out of Thailand in a long time, especially now that he's sorted out his boxing skills. He's definitely a complete fighter. (Check out my signature.)

HSC
I trained at JNI for a little while - awesome gym, great trainers. Mainly stopped as I was becoming a little tight on cash...i'd like to take it up again definitely - saw great improvement with fitness and pain threshold haha.

Luke!

Sexual Revolutionist
HSC
Then you would've trained with Wendy? She's an absolute machine!

JNI is a good gym, I trained there back in 2004 and 2005 for a while. It's definitely not a bad place to start out, but it is very expensive there.

Lately I haven't been able to train due to other commitments, but I can't wait to get back into it, in the meantime I need to hit up my running shoes and do a hell of a lot of road work to get my fitness back up to standard.

Last edited:
HSC
Luke! said:
Then you would've trained with Wendy? She's an absolute machine!

JNI is a good gym, I trained there back in 2004 and 2005 for a while. It's definitely not a bad place to start out, but it is very expensive there.

Lately I haven't been able to train due to other commitments, but I can't wait to get back into it, in the meantime I need to hit up my running shoes and do a hell of a lot of road work to get my fitness back up to standard.
Yep that's right trained with Wendy from the day that I started - absolutely awesome. You're right she is a machine - i went to see one of her fights against a NZ fighter, she won it and claimed the Oceania title. Tiny yet vicious.

Where's the last place you trained at Luke?

Luke!

Sexual Revolutionist
HSC
Yeah, Wendy is a very vicious fighter. Watching her and John fight was always entertaining.

I train with Mick Spinks at Double Dragon at Sutherland now. It's a lot closer to home and is less expensive than JNI. We have a lot of good fighters there, often they fight in the JNI promotions too, so maybe you've heard of it?

I'll be going back to training as soon as my university exams end on the 23rd. I can't wait to get back, I'm going mental without it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)