anyone internallly transferring (1 Viewer)

deadlift

HSC
N/A
I want to transfer from applied finance with accounting to economics but in semester 1 i got 3 passes and 1 fail. The requirements said I need at least 12 credit points with an overall gpa of 2.0. However do you think the transfer will go through? Also would it be advisable to repeat the same unit such as STAT170 because i got a pass or do another unit to get more credit points?

X

xeuyrawp

I want to transfer from applied finance with accounting to economics but in semester 1 i got 3 passes and 1 fail. The requirements said I need at least 12 credit points with an overall gpa of 2.0. However do you think the transfer will go through?
You mayaswell try, what's there to lose?

I doubt they would, though.

Also would it be advisable to repeat the same unit such as STAT170 because i got a pass or do another unit to get more credit points?
Well you'd actually need higher than a pass, because your GPA would still be less than 2.0.

Monstar

HSC
sweet name .

chances are slim but second sem units should be easier.. just study bro and i gurantee you'll be able to do it.

chyeah

HSC
Doubt they would let you in. You need all passes for at least 2.0, and 12 credit points. If you fail, you don't get those credit points.

williamc

HSC
I want to transfer from applied finance with accounting to economics but in semester 1 i got 3 passes and 1 fail. The requirements said I need at least 12 credit points with an overall gpa of 2.0. However do you think the transfer will go through? Also would it be advisable to repeat the same unit such as STAT170 because i got a pass or do another unit to get more credit points?
If you are a first year student you can internally transfer after the first semester of study if your UAI is higher than the degree you want to transfer into, IRREGARDLESS of your GPA

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
If you are a first year student you can internally transfer after the first semester of study if your UAI is higher than the degree you want to transfer into, IRREGARDLESS of your GPA
*Regardless, Ir+regardless is a double negative.

And as far as I know, you have to use external transfer for that, not internal, seeing as internal transfers only use your GPA rather than your UAI.

williamc

HSC
*Regardless, Ir+regardless is a double negative.

And as far as I know, you have to use external transfer for that, not internal, seeing as internal transfers only use your GPA rather than your UAI.
i transferred internally through UAI only after 1 semester of study. My UAI was above the cut-off, my GPA was below the required.

I did this last year, can't imagine things have changed.

Last edited:

deadlift

HSC
N/A
thanks everyone for replying and i just got this from macquarie university

In regards to your transfer query, you must meet all of the eligibility criteria set out in the course transfer policy, including gpa and credit point requirements. Your transfer will not be approved if you do not meet these criteria. Please consult the degree transfer policy online for further information.
In regards to your question about repeating subjects, please note that even if you do a subject again and achieve a higher grade, the original grade you got for that subject will still appear on your academic record and will still count towards your gpa. Also, please be advised that we are not able to provide academic advice to students. We encourage you to speak to a lecturer or course convenor about the units you undertake for your course.

ps shut up and squat

blackrider89

HSC
thanks everyone for replying and i just got this from macquarie university

In regards to your transfer query, you must meet all of the eligibility criteria set out in the course transfer policy, including gpa and credit point requirements. Your transfer will not be approved if you do not meet these criteria. Please consult the degree transfer policy online for further information.
In regards to your question about repeating subjects, please note that even if you do a subject again and achieve a higher grade, the original grade you got for that subject will still appear on your academic record and will still count towards your gpa. Also, please be advised that we are not able to provide academic advice to students. We encourage you to speak to a lecturer or course convenor about the units you undertake for your course.

ps shut up and squat
I cannot understand. If the old result still counts, what the hell will we retake a unit 4? Absolute absurd :haha:.

Doomah

HSC
some people only recieve Pass when their course requires a Cr.

alternatively some people fail, that fail still "counts" towards GPA, even if the student susequently passes.

and then some people may just want to keep repeating a subject to increase thier GPA for transfer into medicine

X

xeuyrawp

I cannot understand. If the old result still counts, what the hell will we retake a unit 4? Absolute absurd :haha:.
As has been said, you may retake a unit for two reasons:
1. Because a mark higher than a pass in the unit may be a prerequisite for another unit. Eg I know of some ACST subjects where you have to get a Cr or above to progress more quickly,
2. to improve your GPA. In fact, in some cases, retaking a unit in order to get a D or HD may make more sense than taking another unit and risking getting a P or Cr.

Doomah

HSC
2. to improve your GPA. In fact, in some cases, retaking a unit in order to get a D or HD may make more sense than taking another unit and risking getting a P or Cr.

i dont know why they allow that, yet dont allow people who have done 4u maths to take the easy level maths to bump up thier GPA and take it easy.

seems a bit contradictory to allow someone to do a unit they already passed to do it again to bump up thier gpa.(other than the reason that they require a Credit to advance)

X

xeuyrawp

i dont know why they allow that, yet dont allow people who have done 4u maths to take the easy level maths to bump up thier GPA and take it easy.

seems a bit contradictory to allow someone to do a unit they already passed to do it again to bump up thier gpa.(other than the reason that they require a Credit to advance)
Seems fine to me? The difference is that you've already done 4U maths; if you repeat a unit, you're effectively wasting potential time.

deadlift

HSC
N/A
I got admitted. Awesome. Going to do econ110, econ141, stat175 and something else...anyone got a suggestion? Has anyone done stat175...3 hours lectures...what's the outline like how similar to stat170 and is there any weekly online homework? Replies appreciated.

X

xeuyrawp

I got admitted. Awesome. Going to do econ110, econ141, stat175 and something else...anyone got a suggestion? Has anyone done stat175...3 hours lectures...what's the outline like how similar to stat170 and is there any weekly online homework? Replies appreciated.
Hahah congrats. It was definitely worth trying, then. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)