Anyone keen for Macquarie? (1 Viewer)

justjade

HSC
Anyone thinking of going to macquarie?

I am and would love to hear what courses your thinking of and why macquarie!

*Baby-K*

HSC
Macquarie is my 1st choice to do Law/International studies cause it provides the languages I want to study (french, russian) and it's closer to my house compared to other unis:uhhuh:

Boxes

Banned
HSC
i wanna go to macquarie. i'll see you there!

Tabris

HSC
Thats right, the entrance to the station is just inside the campus next to the technology park and close to ECFS block.....

bukwow

I am a Banana
HSC
I think when the macquarie train station finishes, more people would want to go to macquarie. Hopefully it will finish next year march but note that it was supposed to finish like 4 years ago..

hope they bloody lay the tracks properly this time..

X

xeuyrawp

bukwow said:
Hopefully it will finish next year march but note that it was supposed to finish like 4 years ago..
Considering that initial construction was begun about five years ago, I don't think that's true...

Wish people would stop complaining about the train line's time. Like every other project, there have been constant delays and changes (the worst obviously being the axing of Eastwood-Parra section), but it's been pretty good so far. Will be glad when the 15 minute frequency is reduced as it's used more.

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Yep, they lost me after they cut out the part I would've used...

X

xeuyrawp

Yeah well obviously that's annoying. Ultimately, though, the prospective users should have put more pressure on the government to work through the troubles of keeping it.

HSC
hey how long do you guys think its gonna take the train building people to build the station?

X

xeuyrawp

ChockoRepublic said:
hey how long do you guys think its gonna take the train building people to build the station?
It'll be done by the end of this year.

X

xeuyrawp

ChockoRepublic said:
do you know that for a fact?
Yes, I can see the future. :rolleyes:

If you have trouble accepting probabilities: In my current understanding of the situation, I believe that the train station shall be in operation by the end of the year.

HSC
PwarYuex said:
Yes, I can see the future. :rolleyes:

If you have trouble accepting probabilities: In my current understanding of the situation, I believe that the train station shall be in operation by the end of the year.
shouldnt there be some sort of reporting or something that states when they'll be finished?

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
PwarYuex said:
Yeah well obviously that's annoying. Ultimately, though, the prospective users should have put more pressure on the government to work through the troubles of keeping it.
Don't think there would've been enough to lobby/support not cutting it as the $$$ was going to massively exceed their budget

X

xeuyrawp

ChockoRepublic said:
shouldnt there be some sort of reporting or something that states when they'll be finished?
Look on their website?

AsyLum said:
Don't think there would've been enough to lobby/support not cutting it as the $$$ was going to massively exceed their budget
Of course, that's what I mean by pressure. It's irrelevant if locals force governments to act, or if they support it. The fact is that the state government throws money at the richer areas of Sydney. Local councils in turn throw money to their rich areas as well.

Give it a decade or two, when urban sprawl makes that area of Sydney as wealthy as any other, and things will happen.

ippie

HSC
I remember reading in MX (before the holidays) that the transport minister (or some other dude) said that there's delays in testing (or something) and the line will definately not be ready in 2008. He said 2009.

Hey, isn't the line developed by a private company? Like the airport line? So it's not like the public can rally and protest or whatever. Well, they could, but it won't be as effective.

X

xeuyrawp

ippie said:
I remember reading in MX (before the holidays) that the transport minister (or some other dude) said that there's delays in testing (or something) and the line will definately not be ready in 2008. He said 2009.
I'm just going by everything else I've read... I don't read MX, so *shrug*

bukwow

I am a Banana
HSC
I recalled that it will completed in March 2009 when they made an announcement in relation to the delays and that it will be at the end of the year in very optimistic conditions.

might as well wait til march i guess in order to make it nice and perfect

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)