Anyone lost their license? (1 Viewer)

liquimalish

Liquid Malisha- HOLLA
HSC
Have you lost your license?
Well i have and its not the best im at the 1 month of 3 month stage. Its pretty crap especially when there is now public transport available, but i get to drive tomy last exam!
I lost it for not wearing p plates on australia day (+1 extra point). That took me to 1 left, it was the stupidest reason. Had been driving 5 hours straight and they must have fallen off, dam !@#$ cop!
Lost another 3 for negligent driving after drifting down a dirt road 25k's out of town, some old copper was coming in and seen it, not happy Jan. I believe I am one of the safest drivers if i'de loose control, due to all the practise I have had doing this sort of thing, and wouldnt trust anyone else in the situation.
Anyway have you lost yours?
why?

gordo

Resident Jew
HSC
dude, every kid your age will think he is the safest driver and always in control, that's why they speed.

on aother amusing note,
my bro lost his green p's for getting caught without p plates 5 times

3 month suspension, he gets em back next week and straight onto his blacks

liquimalish

Liquid Malisha- HOLLA
HSC
gordo said:
dude, every kid your age will think he is the safest driver and always in control, that's why they speed.
I've driven two rallies, navigated a further 5 and am a current member of the autocross club which drives every 2 weeks.
Still want to argue my ability? ;)

glycerine

so don't even ask me
HSC
hahaha in the sense that i have yet to get my license

failed my p's test three times :s first two times i got 89/100 (so one mark off) and lost basically all my marks on the manoueveres, third time i got like 97/100 but committed like 3 fail items. (to be fair, at least one of them was because someone else came racing through the lights and i had to slam on the brakes, basically i was unlucky)

so basically, i don't think i'm meant to drive. :X

glycerine

so don't even ask me
HSC
liquimalish said:
I've driven two rallies, navigated a further 5 and am a current member of the autocross club which drives every 2 weeks.
but at the end of the day you've still only been driving for how many years?

i'm obviously not claiming to be a great driver or anything, but there are plenty of people just like you with just as much arrogance -- and it tends to be them who cause the big accidents.

davo_

good kid
HSC
I think it is ridiculous that you can get demerits for not wearing your P's - a warning - a fine at most - but its not as though you are putting anyone at danger. I realise they are there so police can identify if you're speeding etc, but really its not exactly neg. driving now is it? Stupid fucks. :D

iamsickofyear12

HSC
I got caught going 89 in a 70 zone on a long weekend. Cop had one of those camera radars so I didn't get pulled over, just got it in the mail. The car is registered to a business with no nominated driver so we are going to try and get out of the demerits by saying we have no idea who was driving that day.

instantGRAVY

HSC
N/A
yes i have lost my license... then i found it in my wallet...

have a nice day =]

^___^
HSC
liquimalish said:

wow, big deal

Alsonso still crashed his F1...

bowman

Bowmanation
HSC
what about what happened to Possum borne.
driving around the rally track with his family i think it was, but dont quote me an crashed

DaddyK

Is out drifting
Behind the wheel Car: XB coupe - sideways
HSC
hehe, my mate got pulled over for drifting proceeded by doing 140 in a 50 zone, coz we were followed...just a warning and on his way....this was of course 10 days after he got his red p's.

Shell

Boo Hoo
HSC
no fucking way would i EVER do anything that risks losing my license. I love my license so much. I want to keep it, and never lose it, so its simple. I dont do anything that may cause loss of licence.

gordo

Resident Jew
HSC
its funny how you are trying to justify speeding because you are a navigator and drive in rallies...moron

DaddyK

Is out drifting
Behind the wheel Car: XB coupe - sideways
HSC
As arrogant as he is, he's justifying that he knows about car controll, so he can sort of predict whats going to happen, and he was doing it where no other cars were around. Sounds fair enough too me.

SlipStream

HSC
DaddyK said:
As arrogant as he is, he's justifying that he knows about car controll, so he can sort of predict whats going to happen, and he was doing it where no other cars were around. Sounds fair enough too me.
Hear Hear!

I think everybody who is opening fire on liquimalish should take a reality check. Speed doesn't kill; incompetency kills. Although being an experienced motor racing competitor is not justification for using those skills on a public road, he does however have more experience than your Average Joe P-plater - so if he chooses to break the law (as most P-platers do) he has more experience to handle the situations.

Some people here just sound intimidated by liquimalish's skills.

kristylee_

HSC
N/A
a friend of mine had her P's fro less than a week and was caught drink driving... no more license for her

Shell

Boo Hoo
HSC
SlipStream said:
Hear Hear!

I think everybody who is opening fire on liquimalish should take a reality check. Speed doesn't kill; incompetency kills. Although being an experienced motor racing competitor is not justification for using those skills on a public road, he does however have more experience than your Average Joe P-plater - so if he chooses to break the law (as most P-platers do) he has more experience to handle the situations.

Some people here just sound intimidated by liquimalish's skills.
But the thread isnt talking about "who here has killed themselves being reckless drivers?" its just talking about loss of lisence. It doesnt matter if you are the best and safest driver in the whole world, you will still lose your lisence if you get caught breaking the law

SlipStream

HSC
shellybelly087 said:
But the thread isnt talking about "who here has killed themselves being reckless drivers?" its just talking about loss of lisence. It doesnt matter if you are the best and safest driver in the whole world, you will still lose your lisence if you get caught breaking the law
If you didn't notice many of the replies before mine, the topic had drifted towards reckless driving. This is the context of my reply, not the original topic of the thread.

Granted, though, I do agree with you. Regardless of whether you're Peter Brock or some P-plater who's new at the game, if you get caught speeding the law is indiscriminative. Both licenses are gone.

yenta

veyron <3
HSC
DaddyK said:
hehe, my mate got pulled over for drifting proceeded by doing 140 in a 50 zone, coz we were followed...just a warning and on his way....this was of course 10 days after he got his red p's.
Argonaut said:
While he wasn't killed (which would be more than he deserved), he got caught and lost his licence since Spencer's is a 60 zone. He challenged it ... and got it back with just one point and dodge the fine.
No wonder so many people continue to speed and drive wrecklessly...even when they do get caught they get off!!! How fucking ridiculous. The system's a joke. How could a cop let off someone exceeding the speed limit by such a ridiculously huge amount?

SlipStream

HSC
yenta said:
No wonder so many people continue to speed and drive wrecklessly...even when they do get caught they get off!!! How fucking ridiculous. The system's a joke. How could a cop let off someone exceeding the speed limit by such a ridiculously huge amount?
Because they aren't monsters that only come out at night, they're people as well - who have jobs, go to school... hell they probably even have parents too - like you and me. You'd be wishing for exactly the same treatment if you were caught doing 120 down the highway - 30kms over the P-plate limit, and you may have not even noticed, as you were merely keeping up with traffic.

It's a common misconception as well that cops are animals - dehumanised into objects (such as "pigs"), rather than people with a family to support: scapegoats to our own disobedience of the rules of the road. These rules are there for a reason, and somebody has to enforce them. Cops see what happens to people in crashes, and as much as they want to prevent this from happening, they also want to remove the societal stigma over them as public enemies who do nothing but hand out speeding tickets. My uncle used to be in the highway patrol - I've heard some shocking stories from him.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)