Anyone need help? (1 Viewer)

madharris

HSC
N/A
By that do you mean like profound scientists and websites?
So:
WIth the carbon dioxide in water experiment, the more you blow into the water, the more acidic the water will get as the hydrogen ions increase as seen by the universal indicated/pH meter/pH probe used.
However, if the water was to get more basic somehow, then it wouldn't be accurate.

medicore

HSC
Oh I found this:

Accuracy: A measure of how close the data is to the actual true value. Not the difference between accuracy precision. If a man is 1.81m tall, a measurement of 1.743 is precise but not accurate.

Reliability: If a measurement or test is reliable, it gives consistent results each time the activity is repeated. When undertaking an investigating a large number of repeats should ideally be taken, and any readings that vary considerably from the others (anomalous) should be repeated.

Validity: The confidence that researchers put in a set of results and the conclusions drawn from those results. Results are valid if they measure what they are supposed to, and if they are precise, accurate and reliable.
Yay, thanks :)

So:
WIth the carbon dioxide in water experiment, the more you blow into the water, the more acidic the water will get as the hydrogen ions increase as seen by the universal indicated/pH meter/pH probe used.
However, if the water was to get more basic somehow, then it wouldn't be accurate.
Thank you :) gonna ace the test ic.

Eduard_Khil

CASIO fx-82ES PLUS
HSC
N/A
- Validity is when, if the method is correct, state improvements for that experiment.
- Reliability - when the experiment is repeated the same results are obtained
- Acurracy - the results of the experiment are compared with reported values to show they are similar
I thought accuracy, was based on your measuring instruments. e.g. if you were going to use a 3 mL solution, but did it by pouring solution into a beaker, due to the large scale size of it, it wouldn't be very accurate when in comparison to something as small as 3 mL

nb2594

HSC
N/A
Can someone please explain to me the boveri and sutton and how that linked to mendel????

TheOptimist

__̴ı̴̴̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡*̡̡ ̴̡ı̴̴̡ ̡̡͡|̲̲̲͡͡͡ ̲▫̲͡ ̲̲
HSC
Uni Grad
I thought accuracy, was based on your measuring instruments. e.g. if you were going to use a 3 mL solution, but did it by pouring solution into a beaker, due to the large scale size of it, it wouldn't be very accurate when in comparison to something as small as 3 mL
Yes that is correct, improving accuracy could be using pH probes insrtead of universal indicator etc.

ghruei

HSC
Queessstioon.. are you allowed to like in the short answer bit like draw a table or like draw a punnet square as part of your answer?
my teacher says if you can put it in a table, or draw a diagram put it in. A lot of the time if you miss something in an explanation you can show it in your diagram. if it was like a 7-8 marker you would still have some paragraphs explaining though :)

reflectia

HSC
Sorry for the questions ;x
Do you think we need to know how to draw the process of polypeptide synthesis?
Or any other processes? Thanks~

madharris

HSC
N/A
Boveri:
WOrked on sea urchies to show that a complete set of chromosomes is needed for the normal development of an organism
Showed that chromosomes were transferred from one generation to another

Sutton:
Studied the behaviour of chromosomes in meiosis and fertilisation
Suggested Menel's inheritane 'factors' are carried on chromosomes
Concluded that chromosomes were hereditory units

Togther:
Chromosomes are involved in inheritance and development
Mendels factors (genes) are situated on chromosomes
Chromosomes contain hundreds of genes

Mentel put forward the rules for inheritance. Boveri and Sutton showed how it occurs

taouij

HSC
can you pleassseee put up your notes i cant find mine my house got robbed last night? omg im screwed

madharris

HSC
N/A
Sorry for the questions ;x
Do you think we need to know how to draw the process of polypeptide synthesis?
Or any other processes? Thanks~
I've seen a question somewhere where you had to draw polypeptide synthesis
YOu might also have to draw DNA replication
Possibly meiosis
Crossing over
I think that's it?

Eduard_Khil

CASIO fx-82ES PLUS
HSC
N/A
Can someone please explain to me the boveri and sutton and how that linked to mendel????
It's because of Mendels early work, about the characteristics of phenotypes as a result of these things called 'alleles' which were not named in Mendels time, Boveri pretty much showed that chromosomes were transferred from one generation to the next within cell division, thus suggesting that they might be through inheritence, whilst Boveri suggested that each chromosome must carry many hereditary factors, and found out that genes were on hchromosome. Thus adding onto more detail of what Mendel found

Eduard_Khil

CASIO fx-82ES PLUS
HSC
N/A
can you pleassseee put up your notes i cant find mine my house got robbed last night? omg im screwed
mate, that's a pretty poor excuse, even if your notes got robbed last night, that still shouldn't affect your knowledge which you should be containing within your brain for the last couple of exams and trials throughout the year.

reflectia

HSC
I've seen a question somewhere where you had to draw polypeptide synthesis
YOu might also have to draw DNA replication
Possibly meiosis
Crossing over
I think that's it?
Ahh alright. I think I should be alright for meiosis, crossing over and DNA replication. How would I go about drawing polypetide synthesis? It seems like a long process to simplify to diagrams ;/

nirukk

HSC
can anyone help me with the hydrangeas and effect of light on plant growth prac. it goes under the effect of environment on phenotype
If hydrangae is grown under acidic condition, the flowers will become blue in color. However, when the soil is basic, it would produce a pink colour. I think that is for describing how genotype + environment would cause the final phenotype of an organism.

poh123

HSC
How do you answer questions that ask about darwin/wallace theory of evolution. Like how does this relate etc.?

madharris

HSC
N/A
How do you answer questions that ask about darwin/wallace theory of evolution. Like how does this relate etc.?
It depends on the question. But if possible relate to the centre of origin/common ancestor

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)