Anyone nice enough to post up trial questions...? (1 Viewer)

zenger69

Bok Choyer
HSC
My school teacher can't seem to give us trial papers after 2000 and says the school hasn't had a geo class since 2000, so they haven't bought any.

Is anyone nice enough to post up the extended reponse questions of their past trials, so I could get a feel for the extended reponse.

Thanks

JamieMS

HSC
AGREES with Reemz... Failure here i come.... u doing Sheraton Case Study?

alita

HSC
Do you still need the questions? I have 2001, 2002 and 2004 catholic trial papers and 2004 SCECGS redlands trial (based on independant)... I'll type up a few later when I have more time. :)

zenger69

Bok Choyer
HSC
Questions typed up be Alita:

2002 Catholic Trial:
- Analyse the environmental, economic and social impacts of an economic activity.
- Evaluate the ecological sustainability of the management strategies in Trinity Inlet (illustrated in the stimulus booklet) and another ecosystem at risk.
- Outline the challenges facing mega cities and evaluate the responses to these challenges.

2004 Catholic Trial:
- Analyse the results of urban dynamics on the social structure and patterns of advantage and disadvantage in a large city from the developed world.
- Explain the impact of natural stress and human induced modifications on the vulnerability and resilience of ecosystems.
- Analyse the ecological dimensions of an economic enterprise operating at a local scale.

2004 SCECGS Trial:
- Evaluate the environmental, social and economic impacts of an economic activity in a global context.
- Analyse the linkages between World cities in their roles as centres of economic and cultural authority.
- Explain the impact of natural stress and human induced modifications on the vulnerability and resilience of ecosystems.

Thanks Alita

zenger69

Bok Choyer
HSC
This is what azn_gangsta sent to me:

19. Analyse the roles of world cities as powerful centres of economic and cultural authority.

20. Using two ecoystems you have studied, compare the reasons that make ecosystems unique including biophysical interaction, spatial patterns and dimension.

21. Analyse the linkages and flows of people, goods, services and ideas within an economic enterprise studied at a local scale.

It looks official but i'm not sure which company this trial paper is from.

HSC
2001 CSSA:

1. Evaluate the effectiveness of management strategies in the Cape Range area and TWO other case studies.
2. Analyse the changing economic character of ONE large city in the developed world.
3. Describe the nature of ONE economic enterprise operating at a local scale and analyse its locational factors.

Does anyone have the 2003 CSSA trial questions?

youarefree

HSC
Yeah..2003 CSSA:

1. Analyse the need to protect and manage ecosystems.
2. Explain the operation of ONE urban dynamic in a country town or suburb.
3. Analyse the factors affecting the changing spatial dimension of an economic activity.

OK...looking at them now, how would you answer the third question??

zenger69

Bok Choyer
HSC
youarefree said:
Yeah..2003 CSSA:

1. Analyse the need to protect and manage ecosystems.
2. Explain the operation of ONE urban dynamic in a country town or suburb.
3. Analyse the factors affecting the changing spatial dimension of an economic activity.

OK...looking at them now, how would you answer the third question??
Thanks for posting up these questions.

Analyse the factors affecting the changing spatial dimension of an economic activity.

I would answer this question by using the headings under factors affecting your economic activity (Tourism in my case).

PLAN
1) Intro - Define tourism, nature of tourism and then say something like "political, economic, biophysical etc impacts on tourism". (Introduce ur headings)

2) Name the flows/spatial dimension of tourism currently. eg France is the most popular nation. Heavy flows from US to Western Europe and vice versa

3) Biophysical - climate change, environmental degradation due to tourism, natural disaster eg new orleans / then it's impact on the spatial distribution of tourism

4) Political - continued political instabiility in the Middle East, South East Asian Nations want something like the EU to encourge intra-continent travel. / then it's impact on the spatial distribution of tourism

5) Economic - rising middle class in India and China, most like to increase tourism. therefore new flows from Asia to the rest of the world. / then it's impact on the spatial distribution of tourism

6) Cultural/Social - interest in indigenous tourism / then it's impact on the spatial distribution of tourism

7) Conclude - something like "Therefore, the future for tourism would be indigenous tourism etc etc "

That should be pretty much it.

Hope it helps

zenger69

Bok Choyer
HSC
I finally got my hands on the Inpendent Trials after much haggling with my class teacher.

here are the extended response questions:

Describe, referring to ONE casestudy, the biophysical interactions of an ecosystem at risk, and analyse the human impacts upon this ecosystem.

Using the information in the stimulus booklet, together with your own knowledge, compare and contrast the challenges and responses evident in Beijing with challenges and responses you have studied in other megcities.

Explain how ecological dimension and global changes in economic activity have affected a local scale economic enterprise that you have studied.

It seems both independent and catholic think the Ecosystem will have something to do with Biophysical interactions.

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
yeah i agree with the highwayman....i was struggling to finish notes for the first half of e.a.r coz i just find it too boring. i really hope they ask case studies or else im gonna die!!!

zenger69

Bok Choyer
HSC
they should tell us like which areas.

eg. Urban Place - the focus is on Megacities

or Peple and Economic Activity - Focus is on the economic enterprise.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)