Anyone studied 31466 PDC before?? Please come in (1 Viewer)

Jian

HSC
N/A
Sorry the title is wrong. It should be 31466 PDC..I will have Linux skills exam 1 next week..I am a little worried about it because I have just studied Linux for a few weeks and I don't know what type of questions will be in the skills exam.
Could someone tell me whether the exam is hard or not? It will be much better if you can give me an example question. Thanks in advance

Last edited:

fatmuscle

HSC
Re: Anyone studied 31465 PDC before?? Please come in

from memory.... I did this 5years ago...

there's some simple stuff like making directories, creating files in VI and changing file permissions.

There should be this UNIX workbook at the interface.
if you go through that, you should be fine.
there's only a few commands you need to know.

It's VERY useful to learn unix commands
you'll be surprised how often you use them through your uni life in Building 10

redhat ftw!

Jian

HSC
N/A

fatmuscle said:
from memory.... I did this 5years ago...

there's some simple stuff like making directories, creating files in VI and changing file permissions.

There should be this UNIX workbook at the interface.
if you go through that, you should be fine.
there's only a few commands you need to know.

It's VERY useful to learn unix commands
you'll be surprised how often you use them through your uni life in Building 10

redhat ftw!
Thanks a lot..Now I feel more confident.
Should we finish the exam in one hour? If I dont satisfy the results. Can I do one more time.?? As lecturer said, we could do the exam at home. So I think the exam will be active for not only one hour. It should be a whole day or more.

Last edited:

Huratio

Moderator - UTS
HSC

Hi Jian,

I did PDC last semester. All three examinations aren't hard.. my suggestion is just do all the work on the moodle website and you will be fine. It's all open book as well, so like you could have the Moodle notes in front of you while you are doing it. I'm not sure if you can do it at home, because you have to connect to the unixexam server and the password to it will be given in the tutorial.

If you need any more info on it, just post here or PM me..

Jian

HSC
N/A

Huratio said:
Hi Jian,

I did PDC last semester. All three examinations aren't hard.. my suggestion is just do all the work on the moodle website and you will be fine. It's all open book as well, so like you could have the Moodle notes in front of you while you are doing it. I'm not sure if you can do it at home, because you have to connect to the unixexam server and the password to it will be given in the tutorial.

If you need any more info on it, just post here or PM me..
Thank you very much. Lecturer said the password would be emailed to us and we can do the exam at home. Today I have gone through the moodle website notes, now I feel much better.
Thanks

Crammer

HSC
N/A
Yep did it around 2 years ago by the sounds of things it hasn't changed much. Watch out for the theatrical MCQ's they throw questions that aren't covered anywhere and are just random or they're weirdly worded to confuse you.

IMO you won't need linux command line that much since the labs are perfectly capable of running windows through vmware. Although you might need to know a few commands like cd, ls, rm etc apart from that the pratical component to this subject is useless unless you want to work as a *nix sys admin. Ugh vi... avoid at all costs use pico or something else i've never known why people prefer a tedious, weirdly placed key navigated text editor.

Huratio

Moderator - UTS
HSC
Crammer said:
Ugh vi... avoid at all costs use pico or something else i've never known why people prefer a tedious, weirdly placed key navigated text editor.
We learn all this vi stuff like searching.. otherwise the tutor doesn't stop you from using pico or any other editor for the other exercises.

Jian

HSC
N/A
Thanks fatmuscle, Huratio and Crammer..
Today I did the skills exam and got full mark..Thank you very much.

Huratio

Moderator - UTS
HSC
Jian said:
Thanks fatmuscle, Huratio and Crammer..
Today I did the skills exam and got full mark..Thank you very much.
no probs & congrads./

Jian

HSC
N/A
Thanks lil star
this link is very useful

I just finished Mid-Semester Exam which was held on UTSOnline and got 110 out of 120 marks.
Does anyone know if the final exam is also held on UTSOnline?

Huratio

Moderator - UTS
HSC
Jian said:
Thanks lil star
this link is very useful

I just finished Mid-Semester Exam which was held on UTSOnline and got 110 out of 120 marks.
Does anyone know if the final exam is also held on UTSOnline?
nice..

by memory, it was 90 minute examination (15-MC i think) in the university hall.. so no it isn't on UTSOnline.

It wasn't that hard.. if you did all the tutorial exercises and gone through all of the lecture notes u should easily do good in it. good luck.

Jian

HSC
N/A
All of them are multiple choice questions? That's great.
Is there any short answer questions?

Huratio

Moderator - UTS
HSC
Nope, no short answer.. just 15MC which required some calculations...

this info might be in the PDC subject outline,..

yeahman14021988

There are no short answer questions. I did this subject first semester. It is just 15 multiple choice questions. Some of them are fairly tricky but the exam is a cinch to pass, and by the sounds of it you will need probably about 2/15 to pass the theory side. hahaha

Keep up the good work mate

Tyrone Peters [ Bachelor of Infomation Technology ]

Jian

HSC
N/A
Hi, Tryone
Thank you for your information.
Which year are you in?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)