aos for preliminary eng advanced: related text (1 Viewer)

jonowang

HSC
hey,

im doing an area of study for school: the human condition. and im trying to find a related text. we already got a set text with the play Cosi by Louis Nowra, and i need help on finding another related text to do with the human condition. any suggestions?

HSC
Similar to another student, here's what I gave him:

Shelley - "Frankenstein"
A Romantic text that criticizes 'workaholism' - not only is Victor 'alone.' deprived from social life and family, but he has also brought into being a creature (Frankenstein's monster) that is utterly unique, and 'alone,' and thus has no place in the overall great chain of being.

Gans - "Silent Hill" (2006)
A lot of people do not realize that it is a Gothic version of 'Alice in Wonderland.' This is a great film as it questions the nature of "good" vs "evil" which is a major part of the human condition. It also shows that even though you believe you're part of a group i.e the Religious cults, you are in actual fact alone (Postmodernism) - i.e quote "They are wolves in the skin of sheep...shepards without a flock"

Hope this helps!

Also, if you're interested, I'm holding a creative writing course at various libraries.

Last edited:

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
I wouldn't do Frankenstein - it's a HSC text. If your school does do Frankenstein for the HSC, you probably will not be allowed to use it for Prelim.

jonowang

HSC
thnks, and yeah i wont be able to do frankestein cos we do that as a hsc text.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)