APEC police and their tactics, good or shit? (1 Viewer)

Do you think the police tactics for apec were called for?

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
i didn't actually go to the protest. but from what i saw on the news/interweb/heard from other people, it looked really heavy handed. unnecessarily so. none of the police looked morally conflicted about what they were doing either; of course they'd deny it but i'm fairly convinced that at least some of them were secretly enjoying their little day of glory. i think nebuchanezzar was more or less on the money with the stanford experiment comparison. for every cop who genuinely didnt want to be there, there were probably 3000 who did.

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
Not too much that's brave about 10 police officers with riot gear tackling down a lone protestor.

williams180

HSC
ubernuton said:
it was call for only because we live in a fasict police state
it another attack on our freedoms
we need a revolution
wtf u want some type of left wing anarchy crap and omg we had some security for a few days a ploice state lol you wouldnt know the true defintion of a police state
our country is simply beautiful

brows

HSC
Snaykew said:
If they didn't want to be there so badly then they could find another career. It's like saying you want to join the army as a rifleman but don't want to fight.
The job of a policemen is to protect the community and thus maybe they went there to protect it....moron.

That was the worst argument i have ever read.

scarybunny

Rocket Queen
HSC
Nebuchanezzar said:
Not too much that's brave about 10 police officers with riot gear tackling down a lone protestor.
Depends on what the protester was doing.

And of course all the images that came out of the protest were of hippies being whomped and sob stories about old men, because it's interesting and the media tends to pimp their interesting videos. That's news. A peaceful, uneventful protest is not news.

In conclusion, who cares. What did that protest achieve? Nothing. Too many causes, too much cooperation by the government. When your protest is for 10 million reasons, is on a saturday and government approved, it's not really a protest so much as a large bunch of people with slogans. It's like the BDO with different music.

jb_nc

Google "9-11" and "truth"
HSC
N/A
brows said:
The job of a policemen is to protect the community and thus maybe they went there to protect it....moron.

That was the worst argument i have ever read.
Yes, they "protect" the community for arresting people for victimless crimes.

Josie

Everything's perfect!
HSC
Nebuchanezzar said:
Lone, nude protester.

Almost getting knocked over in that arrest was so worth it for the hilarity factor.
Maybe he had a bomb in his sock.

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
scarybunny said:
Depends on what the protester was doing.

And of course all the images that came out of the protest were of hippies being whomped and sob stories about old men, because it's interesting and the media tends to pimp their interesting videos. That's news. A peaceful, uneventful protest is not news.

In conclusion, who cares. What did that protest achieve? Nothing. Too many causes, too much cooperation by the government. When your protest is for 10 million reasons, is on a saturday and government approved, it's not really a protest so much as a large bunch of people with slogans. It's like the BDO with different music.
What does handing out brochures on election day prove? What do polls prove? What do debates prove? Waah waahh waahh bitch bitch rah rah rang rang rah.

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
I thought MOST officers probably behaved in an appropriate way, however that doesnt excuse the large minority who were heavy handed, nothing justifies the way they acted to some people, as for not wearing ID, any cop caught not wearing it should be fired on the spot, no iffs, no butts, no arguments.

pattii

condom endorser
HSC
PrinceHarry said:
Police were not heavy handed at all, they were nice to protestors and their treatment of violent protestors were humane and justified.
Once again Australia set a high bar for future world leaders' summit for hosting the most peaceful ever and nearly violence free summit involving US President. I think the police deserve praise and Victoria Cross for their excellent service in making Australia proud and making the city secure
what about the guy who was j walking with his kid?

pattii

condom endorser
HSC
townie said:
I thought MOST officers probably behaved in an appropriate way, however that doesnt excuse the large minority who were heavy handed, nothing justifies the way they acted to some people, as for not wearing ID, any cop caught not wearing it should be fired on the spot, no iffs, no butts, no arguments.
?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)