Appearance in a relationship (1 Viewer)

iamsickofyear12

HSC
markmooks said:
This is true to an extent... I know a few girls that didn't attract me much to look at but after dancing with them and having their hot lil bodies rubbing into me, it kinda makes you interested. Still, if you want a passionate, honest and visceral reaction then all of the buttons have to be pressed all the time.
There is a big difference between 'not attractive' and 'horribly offputting'

INXS

King For A Day
HSC
Dreamerish*~ said:
there are always poor people who aren't attractive to anyone. they can't help it though, but poor people :(
and then there are those average-looking people who you might not take a second look at when you see them on the train, but if you get to know them better, they'll grow more beautiful every day until they become, in your eyes, the most beautiful :)
and then there are very beautiful people who you'd stare at but then if they have terrible personalities you would't want anything to do with them...
That 'growing beautiful part everyday' is true. If you get to know someone better, you will start to like them for other attributes, let it be their sense of humor, or fun factor for example.

I think you need a balance, one extreme would be a super hot girl with no brains, while the other extreme is, super ugly with brians. I think somewhere in the middle, a combination of the two, plus other attributes is the best. If i was to rank the features that i look for in a girl in order, looks would not be number 1. There is so much more to a person than just a prety face. Personality, sense of humor, fun factor and communication skills, are all very important factors that i look for in a girl.

Just because your friends say 'so and so' is ugly, don't be frightened off. Everyone has different opinions on things. Follow your heart and how you feel. Don't let them restrict you from being with someone you like or want to be with, or even if it's just hanging out. Just be yourself and make your own decisions.

callisto

has called it a day
HSC
for me i suppose looks do play a part, cause its what your're attracted to in the first place. hot guys always get my attention.. :D but i'll quickly get bored if they can't hold a decent conversation. a guy's gotta be more than just eye candy!

jebbie

imrad. yourerad. letshug.
HSC
There are people who are both pleasing to the eye yet have an attractive personality. People are making generalisations.

As shallow as it sounds I dont think I could fall in love with anyone who wasn't at least slightly attractive. I'm not saying only people who are extremely hot but there are people who are just not attractive and I can't personally imagine myself being head over heels in love with them.

INXS

King For A Day
HSC
callisto said:
for me i suppose looks do play a part, cause its what your're attracted to in the first place. hot guys always get my attention.. :D but i'll quickly get bored if they can't hold a decent conversation. a guy's gotta be more than just eye candy!
Yeah more than eye candy, we need to have the candy where it counts... in the pants. :p

Serius

Beyond Godlike
HSC
yes appearance matters 100% to me... i dont associate myself with ugly, fucked up, retarded looking people and i certainly wouldnt go out with one of them. to say appearance doesnt matter would[ unless you were blind] be a total lie. my friends opinions also matter to me, i dont necessarily dump a girl because they think she is ugly, but if they all reckon she is a good catch, then chances are i am on the ball

waterbottle

your buttcheeks is warm
HSC
jebbie said:
There are people who are both pleasing to the eye yet have an attractive personality. People are making generalisations.

As shallow as it sounds I dont think I could fall in love with anyone who wasn't at least slightly attractive. I'm not saying only people who are extremely hot but there are people who are just not attractive and I can't personally imagine myself being head over heels in love with them.
that isn't shallow at all. when people expect others to go out with someone they're not attracted to it's stupid. but, that being said, there's definitely a difference (at least for me, maybe not for everyone) between someone who is attractive and someone who is hot. i'm not necessarily going to be attracted to someone who is conventionally hot.

ugh does that even make sense

kaylz

HSC
waterbottle said:
that isn't shallow at all. when people expect others to go out with someone they're not attracted to it's stupid. but, that being said, there's definitely a difference (at least for me, maybe not for everyone) between someone who is attractive and someone who is hot. i'm not necessarily going to be attracted to someone who is conventionally hot.

yeah it makes sense... there are so many guys that other girls think are hot or are really good looking but i'm not attracted to. i go for personality, but at the same time looks do play a part.

kaylz

HSC
but i think a girl can learn to be attracted to someone they like, whereas a guy can learn to like a girl they're attracted to...

Katie123

Clinical is OVER
HSC
i think it does at first...then now ..for me it doesnt matter. i dont see fleshy details. i see the person....i think its weird thats what i see but its just the way it happened i guess. ahhh the joys of love.

Smokey_22

the member
HSC
kaylz said:
but i think a girl can learn to be attracted to someone they like, whereas a guy can learn to like a girl they're attracted to...
that made less sense than sausages in a mailbox.

Yeh, appearance does mean something in a relationship. People make a lot of first-impression judgements. It often takes half a second to analyse a person and 'place' them somewhere.

jebbie

HSC
waterbottle said:

Thats exactly what I meant.

Guys who are unconventially hot are soooo hot :D

sunjet

Hip-Hop Saved My Life
HSC
If you don't think someone is attractive then your obviously going to be reluctant in starting a relationship. a physical attraction first is the most important at my/our age..

iamsickofyear12

HSC
I was thinking about my standards today and I reckon I'm not that picky. I don't need some super thin chick but I reckon if a chick weighs more than I do thats a bit of a turn off.

jebbie

HSC
iamsickofyear12 said:
I was thinking about my standards today and I reckon I'm not that picky. I don't need some super thin chick but I reckon if a chick weighs more than I do thats a bit of a turn off.
Thats a bit silly because weight is i proportion. For example 40 kgs might make a tall girl unnaturally thin but on a short girl the right weight. For the weight may be muscle, because mucles weighs 3 times more then fat. So by your definition, you could be dating a girl way under your weight who is still very fat.

Personally I couldn't date a guy skinnier then me. So wrong.

iamsickofyear12

HSC
jebbie said:
Thats a bit silly because weight is i proportion. For example 40 kgs might make a tall girl unnaturally thin but on a short girl the right weight. For the weight may be muscle, because mucles weighs 3 times more then fat. So by your definition, you could be dating a girl way under your weight who is still very fat.

Personally I couldn't date a guy skinnier then me. So wrong.
Thats true. Thats why I wouldn't just date any girl that weighed less than me but I'd never go out with a girl that weighed more.

What if you were pretty fat and you couldn't find a guy who was heavier that you liked?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)