Applying For On Campus Accommodation (1 Viewer)

Matt Samson

HSC
newkid said:
I believe it's gone down every year for the past 4 years. 11c > 2.75c > 2.2c and now 1c. Though don't quote me on that.

$30 for 3000MB? :)
No, more. The market rate.

I have asked AARNet and they say that the universities don't pay that much to warrant charging students these rates.

Matt Samson

HSC
Im trying to score a job on-campus this year, just because the pay rate is so good (compared to downtown jobs).

lachlan43

I got my job through a lecturer. The email said "It's about $20 an hour and doesn't involve flipping burgers." Was all I needed to hear. :D

Emzki

HSC
Is it hard to get an on campus job? Do they give them to first years?

lachlan43

Well mine pretty much fell into my lap. I checked my emails 14 minutes after the email got sent. I was a first year last year (second year at CSU, but first year in Wagga Wagga and in the course), so I guess they do. :)

Just ask around. At Wagga Wagga, there's the Nosh Pit, Dining Hall/Greasy Spoon, Co-Op Bookshop, The Shop, IT Service Desk, other parts of DIT, Mini-Mart, and probably other departments, plus Rivcoll Students' Association. It all depends what you can do, what you're willing to do, where you are, and what jobs are going. They probably prefer first-years taking jobs, then they've got someone for a longer period of time than if they employed a 3rd year, for example.

Matt Samson

HSC
Get yourself an RSA (Responsible Service of Alcohol) certificate so you can work in the bar. Also a Bar Service Skills certificate would probably help as well.

lachlan43

Completely forgot about the Tav and the Crow Bar, which are the places you will need an RSA to get a job at. :D

*shoots self for writing "is the places" before editing*

lachlan43

At $649, I doubt it, but I'll take a look. But then again, I keep my feet warm using the fans from my two $2500 computers sitting under my desk. :D

Now that I've had a look:

Depends what you want it for. What do you plan on doing with it? If you want to do a lot of multi-tasking, I'd want to go to at least 1GB of RAM, especially with Vista. Assuming my memory's right and you're going to be in Wagga Wagga, you could probably get it and then take it down to Crown Computers and ask them to upgrade it. It'd probably be cheaper. They charge $22 per 15 minutes or part thereof for labour + parts. And I doubt it'd take any longer than 15 minutes to install more RAM.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)