Applying for transfer in Jan 08 for Mar 08 start (1 Viewer)

matty fwd

HSC
Is it too late to apply for a transfer?

UAC says applications are still open and can be considered for the Late round for 2008 (the deadline is 22 Jan).

I'm looking to transfer from UTS B. Business to USYD B. Arts and got a UAI of 91.95 in 06 (got a credit average but I studied Business part-time (24 credit points) so, from what I've read, my GPA will not be considered as I haven't completed a full-time year, i.e. 48 credit points). Not sure if any of those details matter. Any advice appreciated.

Cheers,
Matty

VLTURBO

HSC
I dont think as many offers are made in the late round, so you may not have as great a chance as if you applied earlier.

Last edited:

matty fwd

HSC
VLTURBO said:
I dont think as many offers are made in the late round, so you may not have as great a chance as if you applied earlier.

I guess all I can do is apply. I saw in both 2006 and 2007, there were late round offers made for B Arts @ USYD, and the UAI cut-off was raised .10 and .15 both times. I'm guessing then that it's a pretty sure bet that B Arts @ USYD will again have vacancies and that the cut-off is unlikely to dramatically increase.

Is this a safe assumption? I know I can't be sure but it'd help a lot if I could be relatively sure before January 31.

Last edited:

nessyfreak

HSC
pitty you didnt apply earlier but i think you still have a good chance

matty fwd

HSC
Thanks for the replies guys.

Another question:

Obviously I'm doing all my application through UAC but do I have to tell UTS that I'm transferring? Do I have to 'un-enrol' or is it all sorted out by UAC once I accept the offer at USYD? (If I get the offer that is)

Last edited:

melsc

Premium Member
HSC
matty fwd said:
Thanks for the replies guys.

Another question:

Obviously I'm doing all my application through UAC but do I have to tell UTS that I'm transferring? Do I have to 'un-enrol' or is it all sorted out by UAC once I accept the offer at USYD? (If I get the offer that is)
loser101 said:
its automatic
No, its not automatic

Don't tell UTS until you get an offer, once you do accept your offer you withdraw from UTS (usually you fill out a form, pay any fees and hand in ID card) otherwise they will charge you for both lots of subjects, just make sure you do it after you are sure you have a place at USYD

Last edited:

matty fwd

HSC
Got into B Arts (late round cut-off stayed at 83). Thanks for the advice everyone.

Matty

Wooz

^wooz*y^
HSC
matty fwd said:
Got into B Arts (late round cut-off stayed at 83). Thanks for the advice everyone.

Matty
Congrats, your very lucky considering there were no main round vacancy's for B Arts at Usyd. Oh yeh why the change from B Biz to B Arts at Usyd, esp when arts is such a generalist degree, unless you really hated Biz at UTS.

matty fwd

HSC
Wooz said:
Congrats, your very lucky considering there were no main round vacancy's for B Arts at Usyd. Oh yeh why the change from B Biz to B Arts at Usyd, esp when arts is such a generalist degree, unless you really hated Biz at UTS.
Because life is too short to study business. We live in a 1st world country and the majority of us are in a position where we can study anything we want. How any of us can then still choose to study a subject like business is beyond me (this is very hypocritical of me, but I've seen the error of my ways).

People often say that Arts is to generalist and I won't get a job out of it, but that works out great for me. I've worked full-time in an accounting firm for a year and now know what lies ahead of me after uni so I'm in no rush to get there.

matty fwd

HSC
Following up on my transfer related questions, what do I have to tell UTS now that I've accepted the offer at Usyd?

UTS still consider me a student because they sent me an invoice for the Semester 1 subjects that I'm enrolled in.

Doomah

HSC
matty fwd said:
Following up on my transfer related questions, what do I have to tell UTS now that I've accepted the offer at Usyd?

UTS still consider me a student because they sent me an invoice for the Semester 1 subjects that I'm enrolled in.
you already told everyone on BOS about it, so UTS should know your gone to Sydney:cool:

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)