Applying online vs applying in person (1 Viewer)

spritzersmrits7

HSC
Hi guys; I'm currently in the process of writing my resume and I was wondering... is it better to apply online or to go to the store and drop off your resume in person? Any advice/experience/tips will be much appreciated. Thanks!

Chronost

Ex CAG auditor - current CAG deal-maker
HSC
Depends, some jobs don't accept in-person and want you to do it all online as it's hard to keep piles of resumes in a small office (e.g. most Mcdonalds stores),always try and hand it in person first if you can, but if that fails you know where to go.

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
depends on the organisation/company- unless it's a small business (e.g. corner store, bakery, etc), chances are there's probably a more formal process online. small business - also depends on your luck because the time when this gives you an advantage is if the person who is recruiting/responsible for determining suitability is actually there in person and can see you in real life.

spritzersmrits7

HSC
thanks to everyone for their help; looks like I'll be visiting a heap of stores now :)

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
just bring printed copies of your resume (shouldn't be more than one a4 page double sided) and ensure it has your availability and contact times on it. depending on the job, you may also benefit from mentioning if you have access to your own car (and a licence)... if you have this.

madharris

HSC
N/A
If you hand it in person though make sure you give it to a manager or something.
I've seen people tearing resumes up when the person leaves

yma

HSC
Do we need to write a cover letter only for part time jobs?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)