Are Band 6s possible based on my raw marks ? (1 Viewer)

smalik

HSC
English Adv : 80
Chemistry 75
Biology 82
PDHPE 88
Geography: 80

What do all of these raw marks turn out like if replicated in HSC exam ?

smalik

HSC
Yay, hopefully those will improve at the HSC too, cheers :)

nirukk

HSC
You can compare your trial mark as the minimum mark you'd get for HSC, so most probably you'll get higher than your trials, for chemistry, most probably 80+ ? and for bio 85+ ?

deswa1

HSC
A lot of those will probs be low B6 but remember that school mark does not necessarily equal HSC marking. And I disagree with the above comment for things like chem- HSC marking is pretty intense and chances are you'll get lower in HSC than trials if you haven't improved in the meantime

Demise

HSC
English Adv : 80
Chemistry 75
Biology 82
PDHPE 88

English, yes, Bio, yes, PD, yes, Chem, yes. Those are good marks, just improve.

JellyJasper

HSC
Trials can be a bad and good indication.

I did my internal school trial for 2U maths and got absolutely penetrated by it (Below year average) and then did the CSSA paper without any revision and got 87. Same conditions, same markers (student numbers were used - CSSA did not count towards final internal mark... ._.)

You'll need to get a larger sample size of raw marks to get a better indication thereof.

someth1ng

Retired Nov '14
HSC
Uni Grad
You can't really indicate what you'll get in HSC based only on trial marks. I got ~85% in my Chemistry trial but their marking guidelines were nothing like the actual HSC.

In Chemistry (example), it's usually something like this is what you need for 5/5, this is what you need for 4/5, this is what you need for 3/5 and sometimes, missing one criterion can drop you to 2/5 - this happened to be in a few past papers and only adding one line could've gotten you 2 extra marks.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)