Are EE2 journals supposed to have a table of contents or a reference page? (1 Viewer)

Ethanescence

HSC
N/A
If the marker doesn't understand something specific in my work, how would they be able to find the research, notes or reference they were looking for (especially when my journals are probably going to be generally messy and all-over-the-place)?

Is it advisable to number each page of my journal and then when I've finished I can type the contents up on an A4 page so they can find something if they want to?

Or is this a bad idea?

Sorry if my question is vague or if I am completely missing the point. Our teacher has not gotten a chance to speak much on journals yet, so I'm a bit sketchy on the whole idea.

frezbo

HSC
I wouldn't say it's necessary, but really you should do as much as you can to help the markers. If you think they are going to need to look something up in your journal, it's a great idea to make a contents page. I'd definitely do one, as long as you have the time.

Apparantly though, they hardly ever do look in the journals, and if they do it's most probably to check that you didn't plagarise. Most things should be explained in your reflection statement anyway...

Zippora

HSC
haha my journal was a piece of shit, they arent going to find anything they want in there no matter how hard they try

Jezzakar

HSC
The journal is only necessary if they think your story is too good for you to have written it yourself or if your mw and rs dont add up. it can be the biggest mess and it wont matter. its more about putting all of your thoughts down. i did an entry every week of varying lengths (that is to say, i spent hand in day writing about 8 past entries). my friend who also did the course just did dot points. dont worry about it being too fancy unless your teacher is incredibly anal and your proposal might be marked down because of it. i doubt it would be.

maz5

HSC
Jezzaker is right. One of the teachers at my school is a marker and my journal was tiny, and towards the end inexistent because I was short for time. He said they will only look at it if they feel something has been plagarised, and most of the time do not even TOUCH the journal!

I got 48/50 and my journal was despicable! Don't stress yourself over it, but at the same time, keep a journal because as annoying as they are, personal reflection is key to this course.

ekoolish

Impossible?
HSC
Isn't the point of a journal to document your thoughts and ideas 'roughly'? It isn't supposed to be a bibliography. Check out the criteria for it and make sure it satisfies all of them. The criteria is pretty simple/general basically outlining how you need to show evidence of progression and reflection.

It's used mainly as an indicator of your commitment to the course.

LordPc

HSC
Isn't the point of a journal to document your thoughts and ideas 'roughly'? It isn't supposed to be a bibliography. Check out the criteria for it and make sure it satisfies all of them. The criteria is pretty simple/general basically outlining how you need to show evidence of progression and reflection.

It's used mainly as an indicator of your commitment to the course.
Indeed. I wouldnt put a table of contents in my journal at all cause thats not really what a journal is.

you might have those little colourful tabs on certain pages which have important ideas for self reference when Im doing my Reflection Statement. but I wouldnt be making a special effort to try and help HSC markers read through it.

journal isnt really important people, its nothing compared to the MW and RS. there was a guy in my class who has a super journal. extremely neat, much longer than my own, colourful, heaps of pages of printed out work that was highlighted an annotated, an excellent journal. Mine was just a couple of books with very poor writing and some loose photocopied pages. did our journals matter in the end? no, I beat him by the slightest of margins

point is, a nice journal is nice, but it no bearing on your mark

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)