Are there any prerequisites to apply for the ADFA Award? (1 Viewer)

Kittikhun

HSC
Such as being school captain, prefect, SRC etc? I want to go for it since in the back of my mind I plan to join the ADF as an infantry/medical officer but I have never held a leadership position before, at least on paper. I believe my academia and sports are OK but I'm worrying about leadership. Do they also judge their applicants by their interview? Do I have a chance? I don't want to waste my time going for something that I have absolutely zero chance of attaining in the end.

Thank you.

TheStallion

HSC
You need to have some form of leadership for application into the ADF as an officer, full stop. SRC will look great, but the Education Award is really based on your interview and aptitude test scores. I'm fairly confident that i'll get the award, and i'm not on any SRC stuff.

Kittikhun

HSC
That sucks. I guess being popular at school does have its privileges then.

Happy ZZ

HSC
If for the ADFA award you mean the one with the laptop for yourself and plaque for your school, you may as well go for it. If you've got 2/3 then that's a pretty good start! Just for applying will look good in future endeavours, such as reapplying to join the ADF. If you've done anything like the Red Shield Appeal or been a House Captain, it all counts.

Good luck.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)