Are there role calls at Orientation Day? (1 Viewer)

Politic

HSC
N/A
For events that are booked, are people who aren't booked attending events actually identified? For past students please base this on your experience.

Also, what's the phone number for a MQ new student advisory service (if there is one?). I'd rather ring then send emails to ask questions. Thanks.

Azure

Premium Member
HSC
No I went to this yesterday and there is no role call. But you need to be admitted into your degree properly and if you haven't been admitted then you probably didn't attend orientation.

The number is on the MQ site. Google "MQ student enquiries."

Link is: http://www.student.mq.edu.au/ses/ (I was on my phone earlier)

Last edited:

Politic

HSC
N/A
No I went to this yesterday and there is no role call. But you need to be admitted into your degree properly and if you haven't been admitted then you probably didn't attend orientation.

The number is on the MQ site. Google "MQ student enquiries."
I didn't mean the enrollment preparation session. I meant the Orientation Day in the week before Session 1 starts.

MrBean1561

HSC
Uni Grad
I didn't mean the enrollment preparation session. I meant the Orientation Day in the week before Session 1 starts.
No there won't be any role calls :)

Edit: I was wrong, your name will be marked off before you get to the lecture theatre.

Last edited:

Azure

Premium Member
HSC
No that is completely optional.

Also, what course did you get offered if you don't mind me asking?

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
Are you sure you're not thinking of on-campus enrollment, Azure...? Academic Orientation doesn't commence until the 22nd of February, where new students will indeed have their names marked off. If you have not booked you will still have to register on the day.

MrBean1561

HSC
Uni Grad
Are you sure you're not thinking of on-campus enrollment, Azure...? Academic Orientation doesn't commence until the 22nd of February, where new students will indeed have their names marked off. If you have not booked you will still have to register on the day.
Oh fuck now I remember.... Disregard my other post OP. Lol

Azure

Premium Member
HSC
Really? I was advised yesterday that we didn't need to go and that our names wouldn't be marked off. =/

I'll confirm it with then tomorrow. Not really surprised to be honest.

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
I was involved in organising and running Arts orientation day last year and names were marked off more so we had an idea of how many new students actually turned up. This way we could appropriately re-allocate our resources on the day if need be. I don't see why you wouldn't just book, it's easy as pie and makes life a whole lot easier for the people running the day. Mind you, i know Mentors@Macquarie has a lot of big changes planned for orientation this year, so i don't know if they will still be doing things the same way. Where's Asylum when you need him...

Azure

Premium Member
HSC
ASLYUM! Where are you?

You're forced to book when you register for on-campus enrolment. I don't know if this is a new change for this year though.

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Names will indeed be marked off, been busy training Mentor Leaders sorry!

Most sessions are almost fully booked out and all but one of the Orientation Days will be full every day. If you have any issues with workshops or the Orientation sessions themselves, send an email detailing your issue to : mentors@mq.edu.au

Politic

HSC
N/A
I changed my preferences during the Final Round and accepted an offer. Consequently I'm now in a different faculty. And all of the Arts faculty 9-12 sessions are full...

Also, when you said names will be marked off.... does that mean for every single info session? If so, will we need to bring proof that we're enrolled in something? Or do you guys have all our names?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)