Are U Stressed For Sc? (1 Viewer)

lex123

HSC
As a year 12 person i dont want to discourage u....but i will tell you yr 10's this that the school certificate will be the easiest exam you will ever do in your whole life.....

no-one cares once ur in yr 11 what u got in ur school certificate so if u did good then congrats....if u did bad then dont stress.....it aint the end of the world...unless ofcourse ur dropping out at the end of yr 10 by which case it does matter...

but having said that...still study :)

Ziff

HSC
N/A
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHA

I didn't study and got band 6s. Try not studying and getting band 6s in the HSC :p

welshi

Clearly unemployed again.
HSC
i know. day before SC started, my best friend and i were out on the oval sunbaking and running under the giant sprinkler... band 6 everything except history and that was by one sodding mark. my sister doesn't even know when hers are.

brilliance**

just a member.
HSC
N/A
hmmm.... just a question here (from a naive little yr 10 kid) - umm, does that mean that your school certificate results will not be referred back to in the future?

my brother tells me that it could be possible that they would look back onto your school cert results when you are applying for certain courses in uni or something!! .....

malkin86

HSC
that's mainly for scholarships that they check your SC results.

S

Shuter

School certificate was so easy.

I paid no attention all year in ANYTHING. Ask my friends, my maths book contained 3 pages of work for the entire year! Nearly got N awarded lol.

I got 90/89/90/89/74 (bah the 74 was for history, who cares just ebcause I didn't know about all the aboriginal issues or whatever).

Haha that's right I remember now, in the maths test, I DIDN'T EVEN HAVE A CALCULATOR TILL HALFWAY THROUGH THE TEST, or a ruler/compass/protractor till the last 5 minutes.

I just walked in with a pen and did them, peice of piss.

One happy word of advice though, the HSC english tests (advanced) are almost as easy.

gordo

Resident Jew
HSC
lol for the aboriginal issues i wrote about the walk accross the harbour bridge

if you take the piss out of school certificate you do better

i scored

91/90/99/94/97

even if you are planning to leave school and actually need it, i still recommend taking the piss out of it to do better.

eg i chagned my case study of bondi beach to thredbo ski resort and just used general knowledge cause i go skiing there every yr, it actually made the papers quite amusing to do

Scanorama

HSC
SC was easy as hell, I didnt study at all in year 10, muck up in class, never hand in the homework and i still manged to get band 5 of everything except for maths which was band 4.

This is the easiest test you will do in your high school life, the HSC is completely different story.

allstarr69

dont stress over sc or anything it really means jack shit. My advice would be to go out there and have fun... no one really cares about what happened in year 8, 9, and 10. and then start working come year 11

Grandor

Aspiring Army Officer
HSC
Bah I've got my SC sometime soon (no idea when).

Q. Do i give a flying f***???
A. HELL NO!

I'm doing yr 12. So wats the point?
whats the point of having yearlies, trial SC's, SC's and assessments all thru the year + half yearlies.
Then the same shit again in yr11 with the preliminaries.
And all that counts is 5-7 exams in yr12?

THE SYSTEM IS SHIT!

-blueblue-

hey!
HSC
N/A
although these people claim the school cert was "easy as hell" many people on these boards get 99. woteva uai.
i got all band 5/6's in the school cert with minimal study but that not to say others dont/do nee dto study. if you have listened in class throughout the years then you can probably get away with not study ( i did that for history got 93)
i hateed scicence, didnt listen in class or do work, a few weeks b4 got scared and studied like crazy and got 81. in other words u should listen in class and do class work and go to classes and u r pretty much all good :p

timrie6

HSC
N/A
you will never need your SC ever again if you do ur HSC
its meaningless

glycerine

so don't even ask me
HSC
Grandor said:
Bah I've got my SC sometime soon (no idea when).

Q. Do i give a flying f***???
A. HELL NO!

I'm doing yr 12. So wats the point?
whats the point of having yearlies, trial SC's, SC's and assessments all thru the year + half yearlies.
Then the same shit again in yr11 with the preliminaries.
And all that counts is 5-7 exams in yr12?

THE SYSTEM IS SHIT!

Umm, the exams themselves only count for 50%. Your assessment mark counts for the other 50%. :)

wrong_turn

the chosen one
HSC
Uni Grad
from personal experience, why the hell would you stress over your sc. focus on partying. it would be the last year that you don't ahve to worry about studying.

like glycerine said, the sc is pointless, unless you intend to leve school afterwards. or else it is just there for show.

a_person86

HSC
Shuter said:
School certificate was so easy.

I paid no attention all year in ANYTHING. Ask my friends, my maths book contained 3 pages of work for the entire year! Nearly got N awarded lol.

I got 90/89/90/89/74 (bah the 74 was for history, who cares just ebcause I didn't know about all the aboriginal issues or whatever).

Haha that's right I remember now, in the maths test, I DIDN'T EVEN HAVE A CALCULATOR TILL HALFWAY THROUGH THE TEST, or a ruler/compass/protractor till the last 5 minutes.

I just walked in with a pen and did them, peice of piss.

One happy word of advice though, the HSC english tests (advanced) are almost as easy.

That shit you said about maths is the biggest load of bullshit ive heard in my life! No way in hell you wouldve figure bullshit out quick enough without a calculator to get 89/90, thats why there is a calculator n non-calculator part... some people on this thing talk so much shit!

The school certificate doesnt mean much, if your planning to continue dont stress about it. You cant really study for Maths or English, its based on what you know, like comprehension and shit. I didnt study and i acheive some decent results, nothing to "brag" about but i didnt care, after HSC no1 remembers SC!

Bunny04

VIVE LA FRANCE
Well for starters, Australia, NSW, Sydney- and fin
HSC
if you're doing yr 11-12 scrap the SC all together, unless trying for selective school in yr 11... then study, but i didnt study, maybe 2 hrs full stop, (( mind you, not much more study now lol )) and got band 6 for everything, including Sience which i failed in 7-10

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)