Are you comfortable with 24/7 Government Surveillance? (1 Viewer)

isildurrrr1

HSC
N/A
Re: Congratulations, we have lost our freedom.

seventhroot said:
12 people from the video iirc.

according to this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Security_Agency (yes wikipedia lol) there are 30-40K employees. that's ~0.05%

I assume they would have been punished as well
That's just the people getting caught. Remember NSA duders are just glorified tech nerds who do create a lot of spyware and hacking programs, a lot of them know how to hide their shit well. How else did you think Snowden could have downloaded so much data and released it?

Data retention doesn't really work. They had PRISM for years. I was surprised people didn't know about that... I mean NSA has a budget 5 times bigger than the CIA and their entire job is mostly SIGINT work... Good for spying on foreign govs and what not, not so good at spying on terrorists which require more HUMINT work. I mean there's way cooler shit out there like tapping cell phones to create a 3D image of a room a person is in using the phone to take pictures lol.

We don't have "assassins" in Aus because the gov took guns away from ASIS and ASIO because of the Melbourne Hotel fuck up.

On 30 November 1983, ASIS garnered unwanted negative attention when a training operation held at the Sheraton Hotel, now the Mercure (Spring Street), in Melbourne went disastrously wrong. The exercise was to be a mock surveillance and hostage rescue of foreign intelligence officers. It involved junior officers who had undergone three weeks prior training and who were given considerable leeway in planning and executing the operation.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Australian_Secret_Intelligence_Service#The_Sheraton_Hotel_incident

We leave all of our shit to SAS to pull ops because they are far more trained and capable to do it. Think ASIS and ASIO spooks as case officers and SAS dudes get "attached" to ASIS to do work. But they don't do any "terror kill" ops in aussieland since we leave all of the counter-terror stuff to AFP and state police UNLESS there's a situation that we need operators to "neutralize the threat." No lone assassin shit lol, you watched waaaaaaay too much burn notice my friend (great show lol) :p

Even the CIA most jobs are desk analyst jobs and what not, only very very few people are in Special Activities Division who get to do all the James Bond shit.

FlyingKanga

The optimistic pessimist.
HSC
Re: Congratulations, we have lost our freedom.

I just hope those extremist target you and your greenie/PC mates..... Even though they are quite small..... they could make a huge dent (aka blow up something, or if they are desperate, have 20 of those nutter going around stabbing people)

Even though were pretty strict..... we can always do better....
Wait, what?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)