Armed Bank robber shot dead by Guards (1 Viewer)

X

xeuyrawp

Miles Edgeworth said:
I completely agree with that. EDIT: Missed seeing you not at the Lennox v Shermer debate tonight... there was an argument on biblical literalism and some dude pwned Lennox by knowing the original hebrew.
I couldn't go... :'( It's so great to be able to pwn people with the original.

Edit: Was he a Jew, interested, or just intelligent?

Last edited by a moderator:
HSC
Miles Edgeworth said:
Islam (SAW)
i've always wondered what SAW stands for... I know PBUH is peace be upon hiim, but SAW?? Do you know what it stands for?

HSC
PwarYuex said:
salla lahu aleihi wa sallam - usually translated as 'peace be upon him' in Arabic, although it really means 'may Allah bless him and grant him peace'.
cool, thanks for that.

X

xeuyrawp

ChockoRepublic said:
i've always wondered what SAW stands for... I know PBUH is peace be upon hiim, but SAW?? Do you know what it stands for?
salla lahu aleihi wa sallam - usually translated as 'peace be upon him' in Arabic, although it really means 'may Allah bless him and grant him peace'. It's basically the Arabic version of PBUH, although I have no idea how abbreviations are actually done in Arabic.

And yes, it's very similar to 'may the lord keep you, and bless you' or whatever Christians say at the end of church.

ChockoRepublic said:
cool, thanks for that.
haha, sorry I double-posted (not sure how). Should have deleted the second one. :p

X

xeuyrawp

Miles Edgeworth said:
Interested/Intelligent. Lennox pulled some bullshit about the OT and Genesis that said in the original hebrew the text said the "Tree of knowledge OF GOOD AND EVIL" rather than just the tree of knowledge and this dude got all pissed off and shitty and pwned him hard about it. Lennox knew 90+% of the audience were pretty hardcore christians so he modified his speech to get the most cheers, etc. Shermer was cracking the shits something fierce
Hahha awesome. <3 pedantic stuff.

amanimajed

HSC
hayy u cnt judge all lebos
by a few idiots
im lebanese myself
n the only tym i hear of idiots like the 3 that attempted to rob is on tv
do u no why
bcz all they want to show idiots like u is the negatives of the lebanese people
dnt forget one bad apple spoils the box
never ever judge a book by its cover
once down thats right
but dnt u worry plenty more were he came from:D:D:D

Zingy

HSC
ChockoRepublic said:
i'm just interested to know, would you speak like that in public? or do you enjoy the safety your computer screen provides?
THE WONDERS OF THE INTERNET :uhoh::uhoh:

amanimajed said:
im lebanese myself
n the only tym i hear of idiots like the 3 that attempted to rob is on tv
What about on the radio, internet and in newspapers?

tinamatouk

HSC
12th man said:
sucked in to the cunt. deserved it. should have shot him in the balls first though

only mistake the guard made was not shooting them all

drove past the scene the other night and literally lol'd
fucking leb gangster cunt

1 bad leb down......fucking heaps of the dogs to go

you're disgusting. you don't even know it but there are so many good lebanese people out there that the media of course will not publish about. i bet you any money a lebanese has helped you, whether little or small in your life and you didn't even know it, nor would you think twice about it because "no, no lebanese is ever a good one". you feral animal, karma goes around.

TacoTerrorist

HSC
The bank is rich; ripping people off in order to overfill their pockets and satisfy their greed. Those lebanese were (likely) poor due to discrimation and difficulty assimilating, and dissatisfied and vengeful because of biased media reporting and uneducated racist bogans.

It's the Robin Hood principle. I'm kind of disappointed that they didn't get away with it.

sam04u

Comrades, Comrades!
HSC
bigboyjames said:
too many fucked up people in this world. and sam blames it on poverty, yeah alright....wtf is sam smoking?
Hey bigboyjames, I'll attempt to answer your question as best I can, and hope that in doing so you'll see my point of view.

Imagine if you will every human being is a canvas. And open canvas which can lean to any direction based on societies influence on them. As that is the case, an important aspect in somebodies behaviour is what they're influenced to, how they feel, what they believe. I know this is pretty damning for my case, but let me elaborate.

Being poor or living in poverty generally doesn't take into consideration your own conditions. But rather your conditions relative to everyone else in your viscinity. An Australian living in poverty still has more opportunities, and relative riches than most of the people alive. As that is the case, poverty is not neccessarily an affliction which deprives people of neccessities to live, but rather it deprives them of what their society has to offer.

Each society in the world has different things to offer and as such poverty effects people in different parts of the world differently. If you could not afford a television, you wouldn't feel very good now would you?

Basically poverty is like a barrier which prevents you from enjoying what others are enjoying. You may not be able to afford going on that ski trip which the rest of your grade is going on. You might not be able to afford a piece of fabric neccessary to sow whatever your home economics class might be trying to design. All of these contribute to the criminal mentality.

Crime is more often an act against society, rather than an act of neccessity. In our class based system, a poor person will generally always deal with authority figures who lead comfortable lives, own their own homes, have several cars parked outside their drive way, can afford to go on great holidays, etc, etc. This makes it extremely difficult for that person to relate with the authority figure. They have nothing in common, and they feel enraged at the way the middle classed, authority figures look down on them, or constantly badger or judge them based on their means.

Obviously, this can lead to resentment of authority figures and in turn society, and thus results in a cycle of anti-social behaviour, crime, and poverty. In a society such as ours to make it out of poverty you need to accept a hand out, accept that you are apart of the society and can contribute to it, and accept that you are deserving of what society has to offer you.

Basically we need to eradicate the class based system. Make everybody equals in society, and then paint everyones canvas with love and compassion for one another. You may say that I'm a dreamer. But I'm not the only one.

jewoneimon

HSC
guards tried to do there job

robbers tried to disrupt that job

guards did what was necessary to stay alive

robbers lost

sad and just maybe a preventable event but it happened. laugh at it, mourn/ grieve about it, your choice.

TacoTerrorist

HSC
Miles Edgeworth said:
I really hope you're trolling because otherwise you've taken the title of moron and truly excelled in extolling it's virtues.
Of course I was trolling. On another note, sam04u is one of the smartest people on these forums and I agree 100% on everything he says.

What those crims did was morally wrong, but at least we can see their point of view. Also, I don't see what problem someone could have with redistribution of wealth.

Last edited:

MissSarajevo

HSC
TacoTerrorist said:
Of course I was trolling. On another note, sam04u is one of the smartest people on these forums and I agree 100% on everything he says.

What those crims did was morally wrong, but at least we can see their point of view. Also, I don't see what problem someone could have with redistribution of wealth.
The problem is a leb is killed in the process :D

TacoTerrorist

HSC
It would be a necessary evil. As if the banks or the rich overpaid corporate pigs would agree to their swindled billions being spent helping others.

hsb39

HSC
I try to put myself in the guards position, not counting race or anything:

There were 3 (I think) people robbing a bank with guns in hand, if you were not to shoot, your life would be in more danger. I probably would have shot myself, even though there may have been the possibility of a better outcome, it is hard to put yourself in a life threatening position.

I don't quite get why race is THAT much of an issue to you all.

sams057

HSC
Zingy said:
If they got a job and tried to do something with their lives instead of "gang bangin" and "drug dealin" it wouldn't be "a part of life".

* 'they' being the people who attempted the robbery, I wasn't making a generalization.
she meant death is a part of life fucktard not being shot by an armaguard officer person. srsly if you actually thought she meant that you're really screwed in the head

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)