Art Textbooks? (1 Viewer)

HSC
N/A
Hey guys,
I'm in year 11 at the moment and was wondering if any of you have textbooks for Art? We don't use any in 11/12 (or any other year) at my school, but I've heard about other schools having a few. I mainly just read art history books and books about specific artists or movements, but I'd like to know if anyone knows of any decent textbook out there that could be of use for the prelim/HSC course....

Thanks for your time,
Collette :)

winicat

HSC
the excel art in a month is a really good overview of everything. "art now" (junior and senior) is also really good - provides case studies of artists, etc. there's also this really good art histroy book by "someone gardner" which is a really good reference source. your school should have at least one copy (mine had a classroom set)

champ_sammy_19

~~~* Munchkin*~~~
HSC
My school used 'Art Investigator' by Michele Stockly & A.R.T (Art, Research, Theory) I know the co- author for that is Craig Maylon (the guy that wrote the Excel 'HSC visual arts in a month') both those text books have loads of artists, artworks & movements.

(^o^)

you stupid crap! *slaps*
HSC
Artwise is good too, even the junior book (7 -10) helped me with the art periods...
I didn't buy an art book in yr 11 though (yup too pov, ain't gonna spend $60 for yr 11 art)
However school should have stacks of artbooks in the "art library"...

Sometimes I think art books are good enough, or even better.

swe3tdreamz

HSC
if you EVER get your head and yourself to be movitated enough get the art textbook "SHOCK OF THE NEW" by ROBERT HUGHES

His great if you acutally have the time to sit down with a cup of tea and read what he is trying to say

coldgoldie

mai class was given txt books..bt we dont use them..its called A.R.T -2nd edition..pretti much useless i guess!!!

Syria

HSC
we use A.R.T - (A - art , T - theory, R - Research) its a REALLY GOOD TEXT BOOK

winicat

HSC
swe3tdreamz said:
if you EVER get your head and yourself to be movitated enough get the art textbook "SHOCK OF THE NEW" by ROBERT HUGHES

His great if you acutally have the time to sit down with a cup of tea and read what he is trying to say
good book, bad TV series. we had to watch them all and ohmaigawsh, world's most annoying voice after a while!!!!!

Cellie

HSC
swe3tdreamz said:

Thats the book i really want to have a hold on....."The Shock Of The New" Robert Hughes............

i have the excel revise hsc visual art in a month and i found it very very helpful and senior artwise 2 visual art 11-12 is what my teacher gave me and we also look up other books for theory

rightie

lost in suburbia hell
HSC
i went to a seminar for visual arts and the chick who was conducting the seminar said that she mainly uses Matthew Colling's book - this is modern art.
she was a really good seminar person and there were a lot of ppl there if that helps??
=P

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)