Art Theory revision for HSC (1 Viewer)

Jase

HSC
Either my teacher marks very lightly, or i just have an inexplicable talent for crapping my way through art. I don't know anything about framework ... and only ever use 3-4 artists.. yet never got below 45/50

frazzle

HSC
ahahaha Jase, same!

i think it's better to write about less artists, but in depth? i don't know, it's just what i've always done.

so i'm preparing 5 artists but will only use 3 in the exam depending on the question.

mittens

HSC
i dont see y not! 6 artists is huge tho... do tehy all relate to each other... its not so much about how many u use in ur essay... its about their relevance to ur argument... basically if u use alot of artists and artworks in proving ur point the marker is going to think you're well-learned...

piratedebbie

HSC
umm yeh i will probs only end up writing about 3 or 4 artists too, becoz of time issues! haha i get stuck on one artist then look up ta the tim,e and km thru the rest.... oops, i got busted for that lastt time, so this time i will only plan fewer artists... or maybe should just talk less about some artists... i wrote a page and a half on goya, so i think i need to do a bit of both...

piratedebbie

HSC
yeh i love him!!!!!!!!!!! hahahha goya is a real sicko, i cant belive some of the sickos bak then, like bosch aswell.... "garden of earthly delights"<wat the! hahah
na goyas caprichos r the best! LOVE him

mittens

HSC
piratedebbie said:
yeh i love him!!!!!!!!!!! hahahha goya is a real sicko, i cant belive some of the sickos bak then, like bosch aswell.... "garden of earthly delights"<wat the! hahah
na goyas caprichos r the best! LOVE him
must look into bosch! i'm sure i have before but i cant remeber anything of his... and yeh i only really know afew of goya's works off the top of my head.. the others i'd have to look up... but one really sticks out.. saturn devouring a son, also the nude maja... though the only reason i remember that second one so well is because i was reading up on why he created it... simply for shock value... today i doubt a guy would look twice...

piratedebbie

HSC
haha really?
was the naked maja for shock value????? thats hilarious huh, yeh i know the sturn one...pretty gruesome ay... he has these other ones where hes like making fun of society or watvere, adn they r just hilarious, like just completey odd. look up "now they sit pretty" and "blow" and a war one "this is worse"
my favourite tho is a neptune one, i forget wat its called, bus its not sick, its just nice, like melancholy and stuff. wat artists r u studying for ur exam?

mittens

HSC
piratedebbie said:
haha really?
was the naked maja for shock value????? thats hilarious huh, yeh i know the sturn one...pretty gruesome ay... he has these other ones where hes like making fun of society or watvere, adn they r just hilarious, like just completey odd. look up "now they sit pretty" and "blow" and a war one "this is worse"
my favourite tho is a neptune one, i forget wat its called, bus its not sick, its just nice, like melancholy and stuff. wat artists r u studying for ur exam?
yeh well in spain that early on, ppl weren't used to seing naked ppl and believe it or not it would absolutely cause outrage and stirr! i thought that was funny too... dare to b a rebel lol! i'm really unsure who to study and put in my exam... so i figure i'll cover surrealism and hit the conceptual framework...

or the subjective frame.. theres bound to be a question that will hit on surrealism just nicely...it's really hard to avoid it the way conceptual framewor usually has a question on the world around the artist... but hey!

yeh, salvador dali *she says with a groan* i'm over this artist but i know enough about him to base my essay soley on this guy... yes i had a major obsession with the guy's works...

umm james gleeson also! thanx to this guy i can actually interpret a surreal piece... its quite interesting! urgh... i was gonna use kathe kollwitz, she's got some good works and it too ties in with war...

then goya cause his works are so twisted and hold alot for concept as well as focusing heavily on the aspect of war... dunno what else to do really! james sebor is awesome, i luuuuv escher, luving alex grey's works so if i remember them for the exam i'll use them... possibly... he talks alot about a desire for piece... could tie in well...

also james sebor... j m helfrich... it all comes back to the progression of surrealism where it seems to just be another way to piece in composition as opposed to communicating the mental deformation of the mind like it once did...

have u ever noticed that surrealism takes no imagination whatsoever?

Jase

HSC
Wow.. i just found this really nice essay for the Last Supper on BoS.. If you're reading this mr./mrs. Author... That essay is GREAT! So i may do a bit of *ahem* 'appropriating'.

P*O*R*T*I*A

HSC
not at all Debbie... Orlan is a crazy French artist who is undergoing 10 plastic surgery operations to constantly transform her face. She looks at past and present conventions of idealised female beauty. She has taken elements from past canonical paintings of women and has used them as an intertext on her face, like she has transformed her forhead to resemble that of Da Vinci's Mona Lisa. Her studio is the operating room, and she has famous designers create costumes for her and the surgeons to wear during the operations. She only goes under local anesthetic so she is fully conscious, so as they are operating she sings, reads poetry and answers questions from fans which are broacasted viaw sattelite and fax. It is a stand against the dictates of beauty and the idealologies of feminine beauty created by dominant male fantasies. Her current operation has seen her get the largest nose possible for her face.
Shes a real nutter but extremely interesting!

piratedebbie

HSC
ahh yeh think i saw a doco on her. and she has pics hanging up in the surgery room

mittens

HSC
P*O*R*T*I*A said:
not at all Debbie... Orlan is a crazy French artist who is undergoing 10 plastic surgery operations to constantly transform her face. She looks at past and present conventions of idealised female beauty. She has taken elements from past canonical paintings of women and has used them as an intertext on her face, like she has transformed her forhead to resemble that of Da Vinci's Mona Lisa. Her studio is the operating room, and she has famous designers create costumes for her and the surgeons to wear during the operations. She only goes under local anesthetic so she is fully conscious, so as they are operating she sings, reads poetry and answers questions from fans which are broacasted viaw sattelite and fax. It is a stand against the dictates of beauty and the idealologies of feminine beauty created by dominant male fantasies. Her current operation has seen her get the largest nose possible for her face.
Shes a real nutter but extremely interesting!
wow! hey u know who would tie in really well with her? villem de kooning... his monstrosities play on the image of the perfect woman as seen on billboards, yet in no way reflects their heart. cool concept i guess but his artwork repulses me, though i guess its supposed to.

FortheloveofLoz

HSC
Hey everyone, kinda need some help. Im a little stuck on my art case study. The question refers to cindy sherman and her appropriation of an old master work. Ive looked everywhere and cant find anything...can anyone help me out? :)
Loz

Char..

HSC
回复: for sure it's easy if u put in the yards

hey can you please help me with some information becuase i went to hsc online but i cant really understand the information on the frames.. if someone has some notes on the 4 frames( subjective etc..) n those other parts artwork world etc can you please give them to me or help me find them .. thankyou so much!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)