arts(psych)dipEd (1 Viewer)

.:b-me:.

memories consume
does anyone do this? can you give me some wonderful insight into the course, ie exams, fun factor, whether it's worth it, etc?

i need help.

clairegirl

the name's Anne!
HSC
i do arts-psyche

i only did it coz i didn't make it into my course...i was planning to transfer but now that i have the grades to transfer theres noooo freaking way im transferring out of this course!!! I LOVE IT!! education subjects suck though! but the psychology subjects are like WHOA!! it's an easy workload as well its just understanding concepts which arnt that hard if u ask me and then listening to lecture tapes and then thats it! thats what i did and i got a HD in first sem and a D is second sem... its interesting, challenging and easy at the same time! u'll love psychology!!

.:b-me:.

memories consume
wow. you make it sound really good. which is kind of a bummer, because now i want to get into all six of my top six preferences.

in regards to workload, what are we talking here? like an approximate hours/ week breakdown?
thanks!!!!

clairegirl

the name's Anne!
HSC
okay honestly no bullshit.. psychology 1 this is what i did and i got high distinction

1. listened to lecture tapes (never went to any of my lectures) wrote down extra notes on the lecture slides they give us... and then i typed those up and then i made sure i understood concepts (just like the hsc notes we make)

2. psychology 2- i got lazier this semester.... i didn't touch psychology at all until 3 weeks before exams, i listened to all lecture tapes wrote down notes on lecture slides but i didn't type them up or anything... then didn't touch the notes after that... 3 nights before exams u get a study buddy and u go through the whole course... (make sure u understand concepts etc) and bam i got a distinction

but make sure u do well in ur assessments... for psychology one i didn't get anything below a high distinction ... and for psychology 2 i didn't get anything higher or lower than a distinction and they're really just for psychology 1 is one essay and one quiz and then exams

then psyche 2 is one half report and one full report and then exams

bad thing about psychology subjects is that u have to pass the final exam in order to pass the unit... even if u got high distinctions in ur assessments

any other questions??

heres a tip for psychology... make sure u buy the study guide for writing essays and reports (its VERY different to writing reports and essays at highschool) i spent about 2 weeks writing a 1200 word essay and i got a HD for it whoo hoo so yeah be prepared to work hard on assessments understanding material is the fun bit

clairegirl

the name's Anne!
HSC
LOL isn't that obvious! lol of course i'de recommend it and even if u decide not to! do psychology at least as an elective it's sooo good

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)