ASSESSABLE PRACS (The Acidic Environment) (1 Viewer)

S

STITCHtheBITCH

What pracs are assessaable in this unit of chemistry:

1. Decarbonation Soda Water (or other carbonated drink) {This is the first assessable prac}

2. ??

anyone know the next assessable one????

NightShadow

HSC
i think a great prac test to do would be to determine the pH range of an unknown indicator using common acid.base solutions and like what methly orange, bromothyml blue or something like that

ALTERNATELY

determine the pH range of a certain solution using different indicators...i reckon it would piss so many people off cause they would be tempted to just touch the solution and go ohh soapy..mmm base... actually it would piss me more if it turned out to be a neutral salt LOL

Dreamerish*~

Love Addict - Nakashima
HSC
  • Decarbonating soft drinks
  • Using indicators to determine pH of various substances
  • Titration
  • Making primary standards
  • Making esters

Dragie

HSC
Most probably determining the pH level of some acids/bases but there aren't just 2, I'm pretty sure the prac where you make esters is included in this.

Mountain.Dew

Magician, and Lawyer.
HSC
a couple more that could be assessed:
note: they are in the other modules.

-bromine water experiment, or known as the reactivity experiment. POPULAR CHOICE
-calcuating amount of sulfate in fertiliser
-fermentation
-describe some water quality testing procedures (e.g. visibility, pH of water, BOD, etc...)

Dreamerish*~

Love Addict - Nakashima
HSC
Mountain.Dew said:
a couple more that could be assessed:
note: they are in the other modules.

-bromine water experiment, or known as the reactivity experiment. POPULAR CHOICE
-calcuating amount of sulfate in fertiliser
-fermentation
-describe some water quality testing procedures (e.g. visibility, pH of water, BOD, etc...)
POM, CMM, POM, and CMM. :p

vanush

kdslkf
HSC
We have a chem prac test coming up and im taking a guess at wat its on

the thing is that we have already done an in class prac on decarbonation of co2. do you think it can be assessed if we've already done it?

PLooB

HSC
One simple word: TITRATION!!

Well that's what our assessment prac is.

Riviet

HSC
N/A
vanush said:
We have a chem prac test coming up and im taking a guess at wat its on

the thing is that we have already done an in class prac on decarbonation of co2. do you think it can be assessed if we've already done it?
If you've already done it in class, chances are you won't get it again in your prac test. As PLooB suggested, it's likely to be titration, depending on where you're up to in the Acidic Environment module. I would also recommend asking your teacher on any hints as to what the test might be on.

jamesy_1988

HSC
Ennaybur said:
jamesy(whichever one )... :S why dont you have copyable pracs on ur site? ie copy-->paste

What would be gained by allowing you to copy and paste the docs?

You would not be learning rather, just copying and pasting without understanding the info. And besides that, why do you wish to copy the docs?

Jamesy

priesty

formerly wm_abusef
HSC
be sure that u go through and look at the syllabus before ur prac exam and make sure that you know and understand all of the dot points particularly in the right column.

but dont forget that most sciencey pracs also invovle sections where you might only need to discuss the results of a prac that they give you the results for as well as doing your own practical. i know in my school they did that all the time. there would also be the practical skills necessary such as graph drawing and tabulating results and noting the dependant and independant variables etc etc.... so be sure to get those alright....

oh a key to pracs, be sure to know how to explain and justify them in particular (or look at ur teachers past tendencies and work on that as a hint to what you might get in the exam...)

Good Luck ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)