Assessments (1 Viewer)

purplemonkey

HSC
A quick question....I have an assessment due Tuesday, and was wondering; if I post it, does it have to be at uni by Tuesday, or does it just have to leave my possession by Tuesday? There isn't really any clarification with this sort of thing, and the unit coordinator doesn't appear to believe in email :-/ Thanks guys!

Last edited:

= Jennifer =

HSC
I am pretty sure that it is the day that it is post marked

I know Lara knows all about this stuff she will come and reply soon :)

L

LaraB

purplemonkey said:
So, as long as the post office stamp says 'Tue 13th June'....?
yep:) they also time stamp it so as long as it's time stamped b4 the due time u sghould be fine

you should stilol check with ur tutor etc tho just to be safe

purplemonkey

HSC
LaraB said:
yep:) they also time stamp it so as long as it's time stamped b4 the due time u sghould be fine

They time stamp it even if I just put it in the regular mail box, or do I have to go into the Post Office and ask them to time stamp it? So, its due on Tue, and if I post it on Tue, the stamp will say 'Tue 13th' and I should be right? Sorry to sound like a dickhead! :D

L

LaraB

purplemonkey said:
They time stamp it even if I just put it in the regular mail box, or do I have to go into the Post Office and ask them to time stamp it? So, its due on Tue, and if I post it on Tue, the stamp will say 'Tue 13th' and I should be right? Sorry to sound like a dickhead! :D
no don't regular post it! :)

Registered post it - will cost a few $ but that's the only way you'll get the post stamp on the spot. Plus - you need to do it registered post in case it goes missing or anything coz you'll have proof of postage date and stuff that way.

So just go into your post office and tell em you wanna registered post it and they'll sort you out :)

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
Oh, externals have to do that all the time. Its annoying.

Generally, it must be posted the day its due, just keep proof that you posted it on Tuesday, as Australian Post isn't the most reliable thing.

Angel45

HSC
Heya,
I have a quest. on an assessment too...

I have a 'take home exam' (rolls eyes) - has any1 encountered these?

The heading just says "take home case studies"...it says "no need to reference your answers and no need for bibliography"....the textbook we had was pretty bad so I did some research from another one (which he'll no doubt notice).... do u think that's cool?

What have been ur experiences been with how much ur allowed to research and that when it's supposed to be "a take home exam" but the actual instructions don't really detail what that is.

Super_Flyse

HSC
I have one this semester.

We are supposed to research, though we have to do intext citation but don't need a reference list.

I'd say they would expect some kind of extra research...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)