ATAR Bonous Points (1 Viewer)

swoozie

HSC
I am just inquiring about how many ATAR Bonus Points Universities offer to students who live and/or attend school in Greater Western Sydney.

kat12345

HSC
N/A
I believe UWS is the only one to offer th bonus points for living in greater western sydney.

It is 5 bonus points for this, and up to 10 bonus points total if you achieve certain academic benchmarks :)

AnimeX

HSC
N/A
I believe UWS is the only one to offer th bonus points for living in greater western sydney.

It is 5 bonus points for this, and up to 10 bonus points total if you achieve certain academic benchmarks :)
yup, this sounds right

hit patel

HSC
Uni Grad
Does any university offer bonus points to students of Girraween High (medicine)

kat12345

HSC
N/A
Does any university offer bonus points to students of Girraween High (medicine)
Bonus points are not determined by school (unless you go to an academically disadvantaged school)
If you live in Girraween, you'd be able to receive the 5 bonus points. You can check here http://www.uws.edu.au/informationabout/tripleadvantage/regionalbonus to see if where you live is able to receive the points.

Most other universities offer bonus points for achieving good marks, like band 5 and 6s in certain subjects if you choose a relevant degree. Not every offers bonus points:

For example, at UNSW entry to these courses can NOT be achieved with bonus points:
B Actuarial Studies and dual Actuarial Studies programs
B Actuarial Studies (Co-op)
B Commerce (Co-op)
Commerce (International)
B Information Systems (Co-op)
Combined Law
Medicine/Surgery
Optometry/Science
Psychology
Psychological Science
ADFA Chief of Defence Force Special Programs (CDFSP)

(UNSW Bonus points info: http://www.unsw.edu.au/domestic-undergraduate/hsc-plus)

Medicine tends to be a degree which does not allow for bonus points at most universities.

Render777

HSC
N/A
I go to an academically disadvantaged school (450+) and I've been told that I receive 5 bonus points automatically. I also read it in the UAC guide.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)