ATAR question (1 Viewer)

t_davis9

HSC
Hi all,
I am currently doing 13 units, with 3u maths, adv english, business, physics, engineering and pdhpe. I am doing quite well in all, except for english. This is not surprising as I am absolutely terrible at it.
My question is, if i carry 13 units into year 12, and english is my lowest ranked subject, will my ATAR be calculated off the other subjects?, or is english automatically included in the ATAR, as it's compulsory.

Thanks

astroman

HSC
English is always calculated no matter what u get in it. ATAR includes best 10 units including English. So make sure you'r pretty good at it.

HSC
In my opinion, carrying 13 units to the HSC is very stupid... Your 10 best units are going to count, therefore a whole years of work for a particular subject and an extra unit will be gone to waste as it won't be counted. You will be creating additional stress for yourself and the workload would be insane especially with PDHPE which has a load of content in year 12. Now im pretty sure you want to maximize your ATAR, so the wise thing to do is to drop your shittest subject (not english because you can't) and remain on 11 units. Re-focus all the additional amount of time you get from dropping a subject into english, to increase your english marks. Ultimately, it is your decision whether you will continue to do 13 units or less.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)