ATAR result (1 Viewer)

randomnocity

HSC
are the top 10 for dux at james ruse agricultural guaranteed a 99.95?

Last edited:

LoveHateSchool

Retired Sept '14
HSC
Uni Grad
Never heard of this school but I assume a quite high ranking private?

I'm going to say no, the only school to ever get ten or more is James Ruse I believe.

Last edited:

barbernator

HSC
lol you aren't guaranteed a high atar in any sense at all. James ruse may go close to 10 on average but im not sure. But it would definitely not be the 10 highest ranking students every year, it would very much change due to the externals.

Rawf

HSC
Never heard of this school but I assume a quite high ranking private?

I'm going to say no, the only school to ever get ten or more is James Ruse I believe.
How have you not heard of the school and then state that the only school that's got 10 or more is James Ruse? o_o

LoveHateSchool

Retired Sept '14
HSC
Uni Grad
How have you not heard of the school and then state that the only school that's got 10 or more is James Ruse? o_o
One: I don't live in Syd so I don't know all the schools.
Two: I would know of it if it was consistently in the top 10-15, i.e the schools most likely to get multiple 99.95ers.
Three: Ten is a hell of a lot, considering about 50 get 99.95 a year. I would know if a school got as many as James Ruse.
Four: Noone is guaranteed of it, the only school where it's comparably likely is Ruse.

How come you're getting weird at me :S

OzKo

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
Honestly can't tell if he/she is trolling or not >.>
OP edited the post immediately before LHS posted.

Edit: OP asked for Rouse Hill Grammar

Last edited:

Determined3

HSC
One: I don't live in Syd so I don't know all the schools.
Two: I would know of it if it was consistently in the top 10-15, i.e the schools most likely to get multiple 99.95ers.
Three: Ten is a hell of a lot, considering about 50 get 99.95 a year. I would know if a school got as many as James Ruse.
Four: Noone is guaranteed of it, the only school where it's comparably likely is Ruse.

How come you're getting weird at me :S
James Ruse has been in the top 2 for a while, usually first in the state with a large percentage of students that gain an atar of 99+

Last edited:

Bobbo1

HSC
Lol, even if this is true which I think is pretty exaggerated they are not 'guaranteed' a 99.95, they have to work just as hard as someone who goes to a comprehensive high school and gets the same result..

Shadowless

HSC
Lol, even if this is true which I think is pretty exaggerated they are not 'guaranteed' a 99.95, they have to work just as hard as someone who goes to a comprehensive high school and gets the same result..
someone who is in the top 10 at james ruse... has obviously worked very hard to get there... so i would personally say they are 'guaranteed' a 99.95 assuming they maintain their performance

Caboufram

HSC
N/A
LHS James Ruse is James Ruse Agricultural, same school my friend!

LoveHateSchool

Retired Sept '14
HSC
Uni Grad
K guys, the post was entirely different when I posted as stated by OzKo.

For the new question, not guaranteed but the top 10 at ruse could expect .95 or very close to it. Last year, in 2010, they had 12 .95 ers.

Caboufram

HSC
N/A
I obviously didn't read Ozko's post. Leaving me at fault, sorry champions!

D94

HSC
N/A
Simple answer is no. But to be top 10 implies you've put in a very high level of effort and work, so you would be up in that region of achievement.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)