Attendance (1 Viewer)

nahi11

HSC
Hi,

Might be bit a stupid question but anyway...

Do they mark the attendance in lectures? The reason is not because I want to avoid going to lectures but wondering if I could being along someone with for a week. And no it;s not because I'm scared lol..

Thanks

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
They don't usually mark attendance in lectures. Bring someone if you want.

I remember when I met up with someone on these forums and I brought her in to my maths lecture one day. No one batted an eyelid.

Or so I thought.

Next day: "omg shadowdude, who was that hot chick you brought in yesterday? was she your... GIRLFRIEND?!?!?! hehehehehehehehehehe (but if so, you are my God and I will worship you 'til the end of time)"

good times

nahi11

HSC
Thanks. I guess in a large room full of people, no one is going to care.... Hopefully.

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
If you're bringing someone along they won't care. They would usually send around a sheet so like just tell them not to write their name or to write a fake name.

I used to go to my friend's third year HPS lectures and tutorials with like 40 people (maybe less (probably a lot less)) and no one cared.
I even came in like an hour and a bit late one lesson and no one seemed to care. lol

Last edited:

krnofdrg

Mq Law Student :)
HSC
Uni Grad
They do for some subjects, it really depends on the Lecturer. At UNSW, it happened to me a few times for MGMT subjects.

But usually, they bring a sheet around and you have to write your name and student number on it to confirm that you're there.

a19901213

HSC
Normally they don't take attendance for lectures (well majority don't, but some courses do take attendance for probably 5% of the grade)

My friends never go to lectures except for the last week(for exam details)

Kittikhun

HSC
For language courses at UNSW, you need to attend at least 80% of the lectures and tutorials or else you will fail the course.

Blue Suede

a bedroom philosopher
HSC
If you're bringing someone along they won't care. They would usually send around a sheet so like just tell them not to write their name or to write a fake name.

I used to go to my friend's third year HPS lectures and tutorials with like 40 people (maybe less (probably a lot less)) and no one cared.
I even came in like an hour and a bit late one lesson and no one seemed to care. lol
Yeah, coz they were stupefied by your haircut k3k3k3k3

Dr_Fresh

U MAD??
HSC
N/A
They don't usually mark attendance in lectures. Bring someone if you want.

I remember when I met up with someone on these forums and I brought her in to my maths lecture one day. No one batted an eyelid.

Or so I thought.

Next day: "omg shadowdude, who was that hot chick you brought in yesterday? was she your... GIRLFRIEND?!?!?! hehehehehehehehehehe (but if so, you are my God and I will worship you 'til the end of time)"

good times
then u woke up

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
Yeah, coz they were stupefied by your haircut k3k3k3k3
Oh yeah, that was probs why. lol

Also, I was there all the time so people probs just thought they either didn't notice me before or I didn't show up because ceebs.

golgo13

Alchemist
HSC
Back to the topic it depends on ur course/ subject, as a general rule of thumb tutorial/workshops are compulsory (most of the time), labs are 99% compulsory. Lectures depends on cohort size i guess but they are generally recorded, so it doesn't really matter at times

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)