Attending Parramatta Campus (1 Viewer)

L

LaraB

im doing B Business(HRM and IR)/B Laws at parra monday, tuesday, thursday.

hey i do bus+com at parra n im 1st yr n i got like2 group assignments n we havent leanrt jackshit yet; so far, uni is shit. the tutes arebboringand wedotn even learn anything n the ppl r crappy lol
forget counting sheep, these lectures will cure any insomniac!
anyways jus wanted 2 hv a lil whinge, hope it gets better.. im trying 2 stay optimistic

L

LaraB

natstar said:
No one said uni was easy. You tend to get group assignments early, so you can sort ur group out. You eventually learn what you have to do as the unit goes on. You dont get spoon fed in uni, you learn to do stuff for urself, and do the assignments for urself, the tutors rearly tell you what u have to do.
just coz someone says tutes are boring and you dont learn anything doesnt mean you can assume they're sstupid enought to expect to be spoonfed thru uni...nor does the fact that they don't like uni mean they expected it was supposed to be easy.......

since when do you not do assignments for yourself? Even in high school only people who were lazy shits didnt do the work themselves so why assume that people will find this to be a shock all of a sudden that you hafta work at uni?
not everyone bludges off other people...some people actually have enough brains to do their own work

L

LaraB

natstar said:
I never implied that she was stupid enough to expect to be spoon fed. I meant that just meant there is nothing wrong with the tutors giving assignments in the first week, even when you havent learn anything. they dont expect you to complete them now.
I meant as in doing stuff for youself, is that tutors do rarely tell you what to do in the assignments, and they expect you to start the assignment by yourself/in ur group whenever, and they expect you to know when they are due.
Uni is much harder than high school. Its easy to bludge in high school, while in uni you actually do have to do work.
yeah well ... if u didnt imply she expected that.. why bother saying it?

surely it would have sufficed 2 say that its normal 2 get assignments early and the content would be further explained/researched down the track....

and as far as assignemnts..i duno bout u but thats exactly how it went in high schoo..unlke other school we were expected 2 do it ourselves so i dont c the big deal given that if you had a decent high school/tafe course/.whatever before that taught you properly, working independentaly shouldnt be anything new...

but meh :p

L

LaraB

natstar said:
i did say that its normal to get assignments early-
um...well i'll take it that you dont understand what the phrase "would have sufficed to say" means then...

if i said " it would have sufficed to say that that getting assignments early was normal", it would mean that that would have been the only thing you would have needed to say, in other words that was the only thing you said that would have been of any relevance....

L

LaraB

natstar said:
look i wasent having a go at her or anything, im just telling her from my expereince, cuz ive been through it all.
meh im not saying you were...just the way ur like..i duno talking down at em just coz they're first year and as u say you've "been thru it all"....i mean, ur only3nd year am i right? been thru it all is a bit of a massive overstatement - no way have you 'been thru it all "far as uni goes...so i just think you're comin off as way 2 above it all given you havent graduated or anything.. you could be at the uni for a full 3 year course and still not have "been thru it all"

it sounds exactly like a year 8 kid who all of sudden coz they're not year 7's refers 2 every year 7 as a "stupid little year 7"

its just stupid to assume that someone thinks a certain way when u have no basis for it

L

LaraB

natstar said:
no im 2nd year, and i meant ive been through first year, assignments, lectures, tutorials etc etc etc, I know what to expect. jeez, im not speaking down, im just telling like it is.
again...as i said before - if ur "just telling it like it is", it wouldve sufficed to say that you get stuff early rather than criticising and making assumption

and seriously what's with the catch phrases...if ur telling it like it is just say it!:p

breaking

paint huffing moron
HSC
just leave it, natstar
we all know you're in the right here :uhhuh:

L

LaraB

BreaKing said:
just leave it, natstar
all im saying is that Natstar shouldnt have said that "no said uni was easy , you shouldnt expect to be spoonfed blah blah balh

coz to me - thats blatantly obvious to anyone entering uni so by bringing it up, it infers that you think they cant see th obvious, which to me is criticising..
and saying i've been thru it all is just...arrogant sounding and totaly useless coz experiences are differnt for differnt people anyway

but unlike you guys, i dont have the time to bother continuing this because..as is obvious by the number of posts you have, you spend an enormous amount of time absorbed in the forum .....as i do have a life outside of the internet...

i find it really weird that you can be so close to a name on a screen - its not normal...

stupid arguments like this that just rise out of someone being unable to take criticism which was totally not intended nor written as a personal attack...

all i said was you could've said all of what you said with one sentence without having to infer anything else but im sorry if you cant take a criticism thats totally meaningless anyway

and im not wasting anymore time than the ridiculous time ive spent arguing with you already because there's not point since this all rose out of something stupid anyway and i have better things to do than spend my life on an internet forum

L

LaraB

BreaKing said:
just leave it, natstar
ps im sorry, i didnt know you could speak for everyone - geez i wish i had that kinda esp! :confused:

klh

HSC
you do know that a majority of people who come form high school have been spoonfed, like i was. so it was a pretty big surpise that we had weekly readings and projects with no clear indication on how to do them etc. its not trying to say that their dumb, but uni does things differently. i mean i am a continuing student and i am having trouble. i still remember bludging through high school, the good old days.
what a debate....
and how dare you say these people [or some] have no life, i dont, but most others exist to help or know other poeple to go to uws and do have a life.
ocourse you are a law student and will take/read into language more intently. but this isnt a law forum, mot trying to do any political power plays or anything here, just advice/answering/venting out frustration etc.

L

LaraB

klh said:
you do know that a majority of people who come form high school have been spoonfed, like i was. so it was a pretty big surpise that we had weekly readings and projects with no clear indication on how to do them etc. its not trying to say that their dumb, but uni does things differently. i mean i am a continuing student and i am having trouble. i still remember bludging through high school, the good old days.
what a debate....
and how dare you say these people [or some] have no life, i dont, but most others exist to help or know other poeple to go to uws and do have a life.
ocourse you are a law student and will take/read into language more intently. but this isnt a law forum, mot trying to do any political power plays or anything here, just advice/answering/venting out frustration etc.
ok i said i wasnt gonna continue this but obviously i dont state things clearly because i didnt mean people have no life etc.. what i meant was that this argument was taking up way too much of my time and i had other things to do at the time outside of argue over an insignificant point so i wasn't going to continue it coz it was just going nowhere....

and me being a law student has nothing to do with reading into stuff...and im not trying to form any political powerplays...lol if i was trying to do that i'd find a much more public influential source to do it in :p and find some crazy power obsessed law students to argue with instead lol

only reason why i commented to start with was coz i more or less said that the comments seemed to me to infer that i cant remember but whoever said the comment initially was unobservant/dopey whatever u want to call it....and post grad student have been annoying with that lately - eg a woman in one of my groups in class turned to me and said after i answered a question totally correctly "aww thats nice but how bout you leave it to us grown ups"....

the comment seemed condescending and i thought that if that ws the case, it wasnt very nice. i never said that natstar was an evil person or anything ...all i said was it seemed like the comments meant a certain thing and i thought it wasn't necessary, and was just annoyed when what i was saying was read into too much/misread in return and i was accused of meaning things also that i didnt...

but anyway - argument finished, who cares :p:)

L

LaraB

BreaKing said:
how shit is parra station atm
haha doesnt bother me atm coz my platform to go to/from uni's still all good:)

then again, any station's better than seven hills - 4 platforms, no ticket machines or inspectors, no escalators etc etc lol:p

parra'll b good when its finished tho at least:)

breaking

paint huffing moron
HSC
LaraB said:
haha doesnt bother me atm coz my platform to go to/from uni's still all good:)

then again, any station's better than seven hills - 4 platforms, no ticket machines or inspectors, no escalators etc etc lol:p

parra'll b good when its finished tho at least:)
lol quakers hill station is so shit
2 platforms (so only like one actual platform thingy)
one ticket window, manned by this freaky, unfriendly cross-eyed old man
no elevators
there's a ramp either side, then u have to take the stairs down.... so no disabled access

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
LaraB said:
We are always constantly being annoyed by ticket inspectors at seven hills. I agree, quakers hill is a pain ... my richmond train sits there for what feels like hours!

L

LaraB

BreaKing said:
lol quakers hill station is so shit
2 platforms (so only like one actual platform thingy)
one ticket window, manned by this freaky, unfriendly cross-eyed old man
no elevators
there's a ramp either side, then u have to take the stairs down.... so no disabled access
lol - i'll rephrase - no where other quaker hill is worse than seven hills:p

L

LaraB

Cape said:
We are always constantly being annoyed by ticket inspectors at seven hills. I agree, quakers hill is a pain ... my richmond train sits there for what feels like hours!
everyone always talks about ticket inspectors at 7 hills...ive never seen one there in my life! weird....

altho there was once a guy on the train who got on at parra where i got on and walked up and down and checked for tickets

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
And how can seven hills be worse than quakers hill??? The ticket inspectors always come on the richmond train there. grr ... they try to fine us for anything possible.

breaking

paint huffing moron
HSC
yeah i don't get why the richmond train stays @ quakers station for so long?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)