Attractiveness and interviews? (1 Viewer)

de rigueur

HSC
Do you think (consciously or subconsciously) that physical attractiveness plays a part in interviews?
Discuss.
:cool:

Born Dancer

I can't go for that
HSC
I think there are some jobs, particularly promotions at events (like those red bull and jim beam girls) and a lot of other push marketing jobs like door to door and mall selling where employers would definitely see attractiveness as a bonus, purely because they are selling via face contact.

On the other hand, I think that employers probably see cleanliness and presentableness as equally important factors in any career position, and i guess that this could be seen as an important factor in "attractiveness" because a lot of girls consider wearing makeup as part of being presentable

Sadiah

HSC
Yep, I reckon they do ... you can't just look like a goof and go, you gotta look worth it, at the least.

Oh, and it also depends where you're going for the interview... and who the interviewer is. :D

HSC
I think confidence makes people look more physically attractive - and confidence is something that I guess most employers are looking for in a potential employee. So I think it might work out that way...

Kiim2507

HSC
Haha I've always thought this and yeah I reckon some jobs attractiveness plays a big part (like someone said promotional jobs) but if you're in retail not really. Although my friends friend works at Tarocash and she said they only employ good looking and friendly (aka flirty) females so the guys will be more obliged to buy the products haha. Wouldn't be suprised if that were true.

_trickster_

Currently High
HSC
really sucks for the average looking people

ie, THE MAJORITY OF THE POPULATION

MonkEE

HSC
N/A
Your chances in life are based on how tall/huge you are.

Last edited:

HSC
N/A
of course.

physical attractiveness plays a part in all aspects of life

princessoz

HSC
Definitely, it's kind of sad but true.. Especially being girls.. A little clevage & skin goes a long way especially if the interviewer is a guy ;)

CecilyMare

HSC
i think attractiveness really only applies to jobs in clothing stores. or other places that focus on image.
for coles/woolworths it might apply to a degree but only if you're working on cash register or something. that's just my humble common sense guess

MysteryGenius

HSC
what's annoying?
women.

alright. so i'm all for women wearing whatever the fuck they want, but it annoys the shit out of me when girls, who encourage 'showing a bit (lol) of skin/cleavage', later complain about people (especially men) not taking them seriously or disrespecting them yadda fucking yadda. i guess princessoz's comment reminded me of an argument i had with a couple immature ladies a few months ago on a similar topic. anyway, back on topic. physical attractiveness plays a part in pretty much everything, but you should be fine as long as you look presentable, confident and friendly/approachable

Bendent

HSC
women.

alright. so i'm all for women wearing whatever the fuck they want, but it annoys the shit out of me when girls, who encourage 'showing a bit (lol) of skin/cleavage', later complain about people (especially men) not taking them seriously or disrespecting them yadda fucking yadda. i guess princessoz's comment reminded me of an argument i had with a couple immature ladies a few months ago on a similar topic. anyway, back on topic. physical attractiveness plays a part in pretty much everything, but you should be fine as long as you look presentable, confident and friendly/approachable
it's better if you are intelligent then show the cleavage. that scenario i assume gets you taken more serious and is the best combination.

pony_magician

townie for worst user
HSC
women.

I need to spread the rep but I love you MG. omg.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)