Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Taped your notes and listened to them

• None of the above

• Total voters

paradigmise

HSC
Are audio books useful in studying for the HSC? Has anyone been using them?

Also, are study guides/analysis available on audio books as well as complete texts?

Does anyone have any good websites for downloading these free?

Brontecat

HSC
i havent used them b4 but i wanna try recording my notes and listening to them on my ipod whilst i sleep i heard ts rlly good

EvoRevolution

HSC
Never done any. I was thinking of recording my notes and then listening but naaa.

jackc91

rumpleshit
HSC
I'm finding audiobooks to be very useful for reading/listening to my english texts. Being one who tends to procrastinate, whenever I feel like I'm making no progress, I just plug in and listen, minimal effort.

x.Exhaust.x

Retired Member
HSC
Tried it, but I prefer to read visually and write summary notes. Sleeping at night with your annoying voice (you'll see) turned on is :mad1:.

Edit: Audiobooks might work though (different voice)...Are there any audiobooks for HSC science (chem, phys, bio) addressing the syllabus? I'd definitely give that a shot.

cbf to try
Then why are you bothered to post? If your unnecessary statement doesn't address the OP's question, then please stfu.

Last edited:

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
i tried it and loved it.

However, as someone mentioned it's too much of an effort and my voice is quite weird when i hear it (so different from my real voice too!) :spzz:

oly1991

HSC
i tried it and loved it.

However, as someone mentioned it's too much of an effort and my voice is quite weird when i hear it (so different from my real voice too!) :spzz:
lol yeh i hate listening to my voice through electronic devices....so akward

samthebear

HSC
it depends on what kind of a learner you are - if you're a good aural learner then taping notes and audio books could be helpful. but not many people are aural learners and some find listening to be very distracting. I personally dont like listening to notes because i have to pay attention to whatever thats playing rather than whatever i'm intending to do.
Much better to write out the notes a few times and revise them by either teaching other people or by simply applying them to other questions. btw - teaching other people is a fanstastic way of remembering your notes. Just dont teach a friend doing the same topic, you'll get too many interruptions of "But isnt..." or "Its not that its..." - that only serves to confuse you and your friend =P better to teach it to a family member, pet or stuff toy.

Aplus

HSC
N/A
Tried it, but I prefer to read visually and write summary notes. Sleeping at night with your annoying voice (you'll see) turned on is :mad1:.
I tried that once for a few nights. Fail. I just ended up following asleep after a while and gaining nothing.

Angeleeka

HSC
can we buy audio books or download them, instead of listening to our voices.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)