Australian Idol 2006 (3 Viewers)

Shell

Boo Hoo
HSC
Dean's second performance was no where near worth all the hype the judges gave it. Why didnt Damien get a countdown touchdown?!

on a side note, why the fuck hasnt anyone heard of that "Ill Be" song that Dean sang. i could not believe my ears when Kyle said he'd never heard it. HES A RADIO HOST!! am i going insane?! i was under the impression that that song was all over the radio! i knew every single word. but ive got no idea who sings it. never downloaded it or anything. wtf not even my sister knew of it. :\

kate_is_me

so hot right now...
HSC
Most people who know I'll Be know it because of the dance scene in A Cinderella Story. Well, that's where i first heard it anyway. I don't think Edwin McCain is really well-known in Australia though. He never officially releases stuff here.

bustinjustin

HSC
I hate Dean for butchering a John Mayer song - it was flat and lacked the soul of the original. One does not need to have a 5 octave range voice to sing well, but while Dean managed to sing a high note properly at the end of 'I'll Be', his rendition of 'Waiting...' verged on rapping. Poo.

SimonCrean

not actually simon crean
HSC
N/A
Sarah168 said:
Can't you comprehend the idea that you don't need to have a 5 octave range to be considered a good singer? You don't have to be able to sing so high, only dogs can hear you, in order to be good.
He's not a good singer. He will be a good idol for the screaming dimwitted teen girls who can't think past their...um...Vagina's. In terms of singing and personality Dean doesn't have it. Then again I'm not a screaming hills district princess who wants to loose their virginity to dean.

Plus he loves himself to death. Sickening.

Last edited:

*hopeful*

HSC
they were all boring but damien would make the 'boringest' idol
and i didnt hear the whole comment kyle made to jess in 1st round but i thought her dress looked shit, she looked cute 2nd round

HSC
nobody here likes Dean :(

i thought Jess was crap yesterday, i hated the second song, the first one was average.

Damien, was the best last night, the first song was hectic:D

and Dean, [i dont listen to John Mayer] but i thought that song was 1-boring, 2-crap ... i didnt understand how Mark was going on about Dean being back, when it was crap, the second song was good, but the original is wayyyyyyyyy better

anyways i want Dean and Damien in the final two

...i think Reigan would have been a great Australian Idol :eek:

Shell

Boo Hoo
HSC
ew what?! you serious? Even Lavina was better than her.

HSC
Reigan was different, all the girls had similar voices. but she sang shit songs :(

but she was better then Lavina

kate_is_me

so hot right now...
HSC
I agree. Reigan was my favourite and it would've been great to see her develop throughout the comp. Too bad her song choices brought her down. I think if the themes had been played out in a different order she would've stuck around for a little longer.

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
Reigan >>>>>>>>>> Lavina.

I didn't like that rock song she did but her George song was awesome :D

*hopeful*

HSC
reigan who ? what was so good about her :eek: she sang that flowers in my hair song ew even joseph was better then her

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
Hell no. Joseph was so boring.

I hate that Sandi Thom song too but Reigan voice is really nice on the George song

...but then again, we have like 3 performances to judge from. Gahhh

purplemonkey

HSC
Joseph was boring...totally agree...but i hate all rnb / hiphop shit like that...Reigan was WAY better than Lavina...Lavina was just competing in her sisters shadow...she could have tried to make herself a bit different...anyway shes gone now and thats all that matters :D ....oh and i sooo hope Dean goes tonight...hes really giving me the shits with his crap singing and annoying haircut and screaming girls

kate_is_me

so hot right now...
HSC
I've just been over at the Idol website forums where everyone is being attacked by some troll masquerading as a 14-year-old. I just want to say to everyone who's posted on this thread this year, how glad I am I have you guys to rant to. We don't all agree on who the best/worst singers are in this competition, but at least we don't personally attack each other like the people over on the Idol website. Some of the stuff they write is just shocking, and it's horrible to think that the idols actually read some of the stuff that's posted on there.

*hopeful*

HSC
thats why they should read our threads, well maybe except for dean lol

kate_is_me

so hot right now...
HSC
lol. The stuff on here about Dean is tame compared to some of the stuff they come up with. Whooo verdict tonight. Who here actually voted?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)