Australian Politics (2 Viewers)

Lentern

HSC
Anyone read "Power Trip", if its accurate, wow! If its loose, its still fascinating reading. Twenty bucks is a fair bit for one essay but christ its a good essay. David Marr proves once more he is without peer when it comes to written communication skills.

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
A portent of the future: The Pentrith By-election.

Labour got OWNED. Libs have a +18% swing to 50% primary vote, Greens have more than doubled to 13%, Labour has a swing against them of -24% (so their primary is about 25%).

2PP is Labour 35% to Liberal's 65%.

Penrith by-election live – The Poll Bludger

Jesus Christ...

Last edited:

Lentern

HSC

Labour got OWNED. Libs have a +18% swing to 50% primary vote, Greens have more than doubled to 13%, Labour has a swing against them of -24% (so their primary is about 25%).

Jesus Christ...
Corrupt Mp though innit, if there was such a thing as a rogue by-election this would be it. I reckon the real swing in the western suburbs will be about 10%. That's ofcourse devastating to Labor as well but still...

Existential

HSC
N/A
I recall Lentern saying Labor will win (federally) for sure. Perhaps he's not so sure now.

Lentern

HSC
I viewed this thread before logging in, saw Lauchlan's comment and on this rare occasion will break my rule of completely ignoring him and say this: I still expect that after the next election Kevin Rudd will hold the biggest labor majority of any prime minister since John Curtin. I expect that the federal liberal party will not gain a single seat in Western Sydney.

Kim Il-Sung

HSC

Jesus Christ...
byelections have a different character to full elections though, because they have a strictly local focus. so it's difficult to say whether this is a litmus test of the whole electorate or not.

that being said labor is in big trouble

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
Corrupt Mp though innit, if there was such a thing as a rogue by-election this would be it. I reckon the real swing in the western suburbs will be about 10%. That's ofcourse devastating to Labor as well but still...
There was a similar swing in Ryde. You could argue it was due to high popularity of Watkins, but Dominello wasn't exactly a superstar.

Lentern

HSC
There was a similar swing in Ryde. You could argue it was due to high popularity of Watkins, but Dominello wasn't exactly a superstar.
I said western suburbs, stronghold of the ALP. Elsewhere you can shut the gate, it's going to be bloody.

Existential

HSC
N/A
I viewed this thread before logging in, saw Lauchlan's comment and on this rare occasion will break my rule of completely ignoring him and say this: I still expect that after the next election Kevin Rudd will hold the biggest labor majority of any prime minister since John Curtin. I expect that the federal liberal party will not gain a single seat in Western Sydney.
...ignoring what i say but not bothering to block me - so reading what i say and not responding seems to be it up until now (that is, i ask you a direct question). :angry:

anyways,

you make a point. i dont think that (if it is a Coalition victory) Labor will lose by a shameful amount. in your answer you say that rudd will hold the biggest labor majority, when of course this can be achieved in either a win or lose result. im getting the feeling that you're not as confident in tony losing as you were previously.

Rothbard

HSC
N/A
Ugh muslims voting means lakemba stays solid fucking jihad seat

Garygaz

HSC
ergh greens on abc tonight. we should pull troops out of afghan asap. absolute shit party. dont agree with us being there but you just can't leave. it's a duty to our fellow human being to help them out.

Rothbard

HSC
N/A
#spill #spill #spill #spill #spill #spill #spill #spill #spill #spill #spill #spill #spill #spill #spill #spill #spill

HSC
Oh deary mercy me.

Edit: Seems like such a panicky move given that most polls (I believe?) were giving Rudd the election and Labor's first term incumbency but ok powerbrokers whatever you say.

Last edited:

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
I am not sorry. Rudd had to go. It remains to be seen if Julia will back climate change and internet freedom.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)