Australia's Education system (1 Viewer)

Drongoski

HSC
N/A
Id also like to say that pumping money isn't going to help with anything if the issue is remotely culture or standards related.

>> if anything ... Aus has been increasing funding and results have yet to be seen.
I agree. I believe, in China, many classes have 40 to 50 students. So the argument that large class size = lower performance is also questionable. Personally,a hugely knowledgeable and inspiring teacher can make a world of difference.

nerdasdasd

Dont.msg.me.about.english
HSC
Uni Grad
flops writing that I'll respond to.
1. Teachers would lose enjoyment if the kids aren't paying attention or don't give a crap about their education.

2. Technology doesn't solve anything. Nor does the no. Resources.

Australia has plenty of resources / tech and is well funded (e.g. Laptops, projectors and textbooks ).

It's all about motivation. Kids in India, china and other places don't have that much fancy stuff... They just care about the education.

Nailgun

Cole World
HSC
I agree. I believe, in China, many classes have 40 to 50 students. So the argument that large class size = lower performance is also questionable. Personally,a hugely knowledgeable and inspiring teacher can make a world of difference.
Not exactly easy to find.

Paradoxica

-insert title here-
HSC
Id also like to say that pumping money isn't going to help with anything if the issue is remotely culture or standards related.

>> if anything ... Aus has been increasing funding and results have yet to be seen.
Solution: make all the relevant subjects harder.

If they complain, tough luck, because that's what people are always saying to me about the state of maths.

Also, the age at which kids have access to technology is a major component because the kids care more about their flashy stuff than the education system.

Sien

将来: NEET
HSC
Speaking of gov funded tech in schools, the dec laptops were a massive waste of money. Those laptops distracted students from paying attention to class ie watch movies/browse fb etc
There was no real point in funding the laptops, i do not understand why the government even bothered investing time and money with it.

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

Nailgun

Cole World
HSC
Speaking of gov funded tech in schools, the dec laptops were a massive waste of money. Those laptops distracted students from paying attention to class ie watch movies/browse fb etc
There was no real point in funding the laptops, i do not understand why the government even bothered investing time and money with it.

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk
lelel i actually use my laptop in class alot
i dont bring textbook/exercise books to school (except 1 for phys/math combined)

that being said i also bludge through classes playing tetris sometimes so its a give and take

Comensite

HSC
I think he was referring to the the general curriculums / system overall, rather than school-specific things, as he said ''as a result we have the watered down HSC we have today. The education system right now caters to the lowest common denominator''.
yeah should just stop bothering wasting money on those abos and muslims

theres a reason ex communist countries have highest literacy levels in the world

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)