Autumn 2008 results: marks/grades (1 Viewer)

Jaron2005

HSC
I have been thinking, and thought whats the point of appealing, as most of the time it won't do anything anyway.

What annoys me about UWS is that they don't give you marks for the unit that you failed in!

Wooz

^wooz*y^
HSC
Jaron2005 said:
I have been thinking, and thought whats the point of appealing, as most of the time it won't do anything anyway.

What annoys me about UWS is that they don't give you marks for the unit that you failed in!
You really do need proof or justification of your appeal, if you do and it is justified your marks or grade should be reviewed.

Most uni's don't give marks for the unit you failed in. Just a F or AF or W, grade.

boris2003

HSC
Wooz said:
You really do need proof or justification of your appeal, if you do and it is justified your marks or grade should be reviewed.

Most uni's don't give marks for the unit you failed in. Just a F or AF or W, grade.
One of my assessments called the Library report contained an essay. I received a Satisfactory mark. The unit admin sent out emails that we will get feedback where we went wrong, etc.
However not one of the students got that, not an actual mark, how we can improve for the final, etc. Is that a vaild justification.
What annoys me the most, is that I can write an essay. I written hundreds of them. I never got less than 50

G

Gavvvvvin

if they dont give grades for a fail how am i supposed to know if im appealing because of my attendence or an unfair mark?

Wooz

^wooz*y^
HSC
boris2003 said:
One of my assessments called the Library report contained an essay. I received a Satisfactory mark. The unit admin sent out emails that we will get feedback where we went wrong, etc.
However not one of the students got that, not an actual mark, how we can improve for the final, etc. Is that a vaild justification.
What annoys me the most, is that I can write an essay. I written hundreds of them. I never got less than 50
Yeah, but i reccommend you contact a welfare officer to help you write a proper justification for it.

Gavvvvin said:
if they dont give grades for a fail how am i supposed to know if im appealing because of my attendence or an unfair mark?
You prob would have recieved an AF, absent fail mark if it was for attendance, if you recieve an F it was prob because of your assessments.

Contact UWS welfare for assistance.

If welfare is useless contact: President@uwssa.org.au

Lara1986

HSC
Family Law - 94 HD
Alternative Dispute Resolution - 79 D
Commercial Law - 78 D
Equity Trusts and Remedies 1 - 65 C

Happy overall, particularly with family as i came first woot! lol Sort of not happy with Equity given that to get that mark overall my final exam mark must have been less than great.

Wooz

^wooz*y^
HSC
Lara1986 said:
Family Law - 94 HD
Commercial Law - 78 D

Happy overall, particularly with family as i came first woot! lol Sort of not happy with Equity given that to get that mark overall my final exam mark must have been less than great.
Congrats on those great results.

How did you know you came first, were ur results graded for that unit?

Lara1986

HSC
Wooz said:
Congrats on those great results.

How did you know you came first, were ur results graded for that unit?
Thanks.

No i didn't find out via uni per se - I happened to work in the same office building as the lecturer and he had told me my mark and ranking a week ago.

ari89

MOSSAD Deputy Director
HSC
N/A
Lara1986 said:
Family Law - 94 HD
Commercial Law - 78 D

Excellent family law mark:)

ari89

MOSSAD Deputy Director
HSC
N/A
My marks own all

Contracts J
Introduction to Economic Methods J
Corporate Financial Management J
Macroeconomic Theory J

woo

OMGRX7

HSC
can anyone link me or briefly explain 'GPA', i read before on top how its 0,4,5,7 and etc. but i dont get it? cheers

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)