Away By Michael Gow - ANY INFOMATION (1 Viewer)

phv89

HSC
Could you please leave any infomation on Away mainly characterisation ETC please:):)

i need the info for a characterisation chart i need info on each of
Tom
Roy
Meg
Gwen
Jim
Coral
Harry
Vic
Leonie
Rick
Campers

Last edited:

sourlemong

HSC
I studied Away last year, but funnily enough, I don't have any of my notes with me anymore! (I hated that text to the core, and disposed everything related to it the minute I finished the lit exam)

If my memory has not failed me, there is a mini-analysis at the front of the play? And there's those study guides which you can buy, that are a heck a lot more help than I am!

I'm so sorry I'm unable to help!

shandy12

HSC
phv89 said:
Could you please leave any infomation on Away mainly characterisation ETC please:):)

i need the info for a characterisation chart i need info on each of
Tom
Roy
Meg
Gwen
Jim
Coral
Harry
Vic
Leonie
Rick
Campers
hey..if you still need inf on away im studying it at the moment cos i just had my english exam n i have lots of info on the characters...so get back to me if u want some info

shandy12

HSC
shandy12 said:
sorry i only just joined on this thing n im not really sure how to use it... OK so basically Away is about 3 Australian families who go on their annual holidays..
TOM Has lukeimia and isn't getting any better,his parents know he is going to die but don't think he knows that and vice versa,his parents are Harry And Vic,they all migrated from England to Australia

MEG: Is Toms friend through school and they both like eachother,Her mother is Gwen who is completly materialistic,controlling and focuses on possesion etc.Her father is Jim.Their reason for the holiday is to give Gwen a break from work etc.

Coral is Toms and Megs headmasters wife(Roy) they lost their son to the Vietnam War and Coral finds it extremely hard to move on.

If you read the play itself this will become clear to you and read the first few pages as the book starts with the comparisson of shakespearean plays etc.GOODLUCK! PS-The campers are not really relevent with the characters as the focus of the play is the storm which brings the families toegther...E.G GWEN loses all of her posession thus learning to appreciate life and her family-each person goes from a somewhta "blindness to insight"

Last edited:

davidw89

HSC
lol iam doing this for my coaching college Scholani..so lame
if u want any help let me know :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)