b. arts (communications) ---> b. communications (1 Viewer)

jlh

sooner or later...
HSC
hi i need info for a friend...

he was enrolled in b. arts (communications) and was admitted to UWS on 2003.
last year in second semester (2004) he went on a leave of absence and put on hold his studies. he didn't unenrol from UWS, just deferred....

he has just came back only to find out that they have scrapped his degree and replaced it with b. communications. what does he do now?
is he automatically admitted into b. communcations? or does he have to apply thru uac? which means he will have to do that later on this year....

the reason i ask is because he spoke to someone at the uni and they told him that all b. arts (communications) students were NOT automatically admitted to b. communications and that they had to re-apply thru uac and compete for another spot. that just sounds wrong to me..........

anyone have any ideas?

thanks a million

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
If they scrapped the course like they scrapped mine you should either have the option of staying in the course or transfering into the new course without having to get above credit average.

jlh

sooner or later...
HSC
well he was told otherwise by someone from uws..

but it didn't sound right to me....

i mean its absurd that you will have to go thru uac and compete for another uni spot considering you have already done all that and have a government hecs spot already....

jlh

sooner or later...
HSC
oh really? so then what the person told him was wrong??

he's all stressed out about not having a uni spot...

jlh

sooner or later...
HSC
does anyone have anything official from uws, like is it on their website, about what happens..

i'm looking now but i can't seem to find anything.. and i don't know thw uws all that well....

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
I think you should tell your friend to get in contact with his course co-ordinator ... if he was on a leave of absense he had no way of getting the forms to transfer to the new course.

jlh

sooner or later...
HSC
ok then.. thanks for that

he told me that the information he was given was from a course advisor......

:S

Jacks

HSC
I do BA (Comm) they haven't scrapped it entirely...they aren't offering it to new students but they are allowing students who started in 2003 like me to continue. To give you more info I'd need to know what campus your friend is at and what major they are studying. To continue study they would have to go back this year to be able to study some of the compulsory units....students are given the choice of moving to penrith campus doing straight B (communications) they wouldn't have to apply through UAC necessarily as UWS has an internal transfer scheme. Let me know some of the particulars about campus and major and I'll see if I can help more....but definitely advise your friend to ring up the uni as they should be able to give more specific details and advice.

jlh

sooner or later...
HSC
he's at the penrith campus....
i'm not sure of his major.. i don't think he planned that far ahead, LOL even though he was 2nd year... he didn't plan on continuing with the degree and hoped to have transferred to another....

Jacks

HSC
ok well in any case if he is at penrith he shouldn't have any problems as all of the BA (comm) units are moving there...well most of them anyways. They are not scrapping BA (Comm) for continuing students at the moment, they just aren't accepting any new students from 2005 onwards. He can still transfer to a straight B Comm if he likes...though he should be able to do so internally...I'd still advise him to contact the relevant people at uni for more concrete information though.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)