B Business&Commerce @ uws ---> B eng/comm @ UNSW?? (1 Viewer)

phinal

ohai.
HSC
I had a few qus about transferring from bus&comm @ uws to chemical eng/comm @ UNSW;

- can I transfer mid year, based on uni marks alone and not my atar, and if not, 2nd year?
- what kind of gpa should I be aiming for to transfer into eng/comm @ UNSW?
- I've applied for the comm subjects that match unsw's eng/comm program for 1st year, would I get advance standing for these subjects?
- if for whatever reason I can't get into eng/comm, can I still get into just chem engineering @ UNSW?

Thanks in advance!

Bananaberry

HSC
1. You will have to see if the uni's do mid year transfers...some do and some dont.
2. No, uni transfers are based on ATAR and Uni marks
3. Aim as high as possible, but it really depends on your ATAR
4. You can get credited for subjects you do if they are recognised at the uni you are transfering too.

Foodie

HSC
N/A
1 - Rule of thumb: for most course and most unis, your GPA will only be considered after you have done at least 1 year of full time uni. Mid-year transfers will be based on your ATAR alone. Some unis may use a combination of ATAR/GPA for some courses.

2 - Speaking from experience, I was able to get an offer into a course with a 2010 96 ATAR cutoff with a low credit average during the main round. That should give you a ballpark estimate of what GPA you must have to transfer. I'd suggest you aim for at least a high credit average to a distinction average to give yourself a viable chance, since the course you want is over 96, I believe.

3 - Check out UNSW's credit transfer policies on thei website. You can also look at the individual units' handbook entries and compare them with the units you have taken. If the outcomes are very similar, you will most likely get credit and exemptions.

4 - Just work very hard this year and maintain a high GPA - it will certainly help you and will maximise your chances of getting the transfer you want.

phinal

ohai.
HSC
Ah okay, thanks for the input! :)
I guess I'll just try my best in first year and then try to transfer in second year

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)