B chiropractic science: Helpp (1 Viewer)

jmcillhatton

HSC
HEY, MY GOAL THIS YEAR IS TO GET AN 80-85 TO GET INTO BChiro at MACQUARIE UNIVERSITY.
my current subjects are,
- english advanced
-physics
-general maths
-pdhpe
-geography

it says assumed knowledge in chem but my school didnt run the course, what are my chances without chem and the subjects iv chosen?
thanks !

madharris

HSC
N/A
Assumed knowledge doesn't mean that if you didn't do chemistry, you won't get into the course. It just means that you will struggle a lot with no chemistry knowledge

Your subjects are fine, as long as you get a high enough atar to match the cutoff, you're sure to get in!

pdhpe and physics will help quite a lot (pdhpe for the anatomy, sociology and ethical type of stuff, and physics for the body systems)
However you will definitely need to bridge chemistry, especially because it's assumed knowledge, just so you can get a fundamental understanding of its concepts and such.

jmcillhatton

HSC
hey thanks alot for the info, so would the bridging chem just involve an additional year on the course?

kat12345

HSC
N/A
A bridging course is generally a short course undertaken before you commence a subject. Basically, it won't count towards you degree (in terms of credit points), but can be used to allow you to study subjects where you didn't learn the knowledge at school.

This is an outline of the 2009 course to give you an example:
http://www.chem.mq.edu.au/ugrad/program.pdf

As you can see, the dates here were prior to the semester beginning. This means as long as you pass the bridging course, you'd be able to continue your studies at the start of the semester along with everyone else! :)

And for BChiro, as the Chemistry component is ASSUMED and not required, you don't have to do a bridging course if you don't want to, but it is an amazing opportunity so you don't fall behind and give up too soon!

madharris

HSC
N/A
hey thanks alot for the info, so would the bridging chem just involve an additional year on the course?
A bridging course is a short course that goes through the basics of that subject
It is usually 1-2 weeks in length (depending where you go) in the holidays before you start uni
This means it doesn't impact on your time at uni at all, as it doesn't count towards anything.
It's basically a "chemistry for dummies" course in the space of a few weeks just to catch up on any knowledge that may be missing in regards to that subject

This was for this years http://shop.accessmq.com.au/index.php?q=content/chemistry-bridging-course-2013

jmcillhatton

HSC
thanks alot guys! helps heaps and makes me feel better about taking this course, wish me luck!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)