B Economikss - Pure degree; helppp ;D (1 Viewer)

fantasy27

HSC
N/A
tehsky said:
omg!!! the restricted sectionnnnnn ;o
grab ur invisibility cloak n exploreeeee =pp

i srsly wanna do economics now, hopefully after the first 'boring'(?) year itll be all worth it in the majorss =D
its more like after the second boring year, micro and macro 2 are pretty boring and like jago said, they are alot harder than micro/macro 1..

passion89

HSC
Chris. said:
law students bitched about it and now there are unsw library people going around asking to check your id card. A few who only had "COMM" on theres got kicked out hahaha
BITCHES.
Ahhh well... it'd be a pity if anyone were to...err...vandalise the place... :uhoh:

bzn

HSC
N/A
Hey Politik, I just finished Macro 1 with Peter Kreisler, and as much as I enjoyed it I do have to say he does seem particularly biased towards Keynesian economics. Would you say this is true? Perhaps this is a misimpression on my part.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not a Howard supporter, more a simultaneous Permaculture Greenie/Alternative Medicine Hippy/Anarcho-Capitalist Confucian, probably closest economics/politics would be with Ron Paul. And with Peter, it just seems to me that there is really little room for alternative discussion, unless it is his style of alternative. You know what I mean?

Last edited:

yanxx

HSC
do u have to be a math genius to well in economics?
i'm just passing 2u maths, will i cope?

Jago

el oh el donkaments
HSC
econ maths is super easy (as long as you practice what you learn)

edit: just to clarify, the maths in economics is easy. the maths in econometrics is annoying

lordesf

HSC
Hey im aving the same Question.. so is the major finance thorugh B econ suitable for being a stoke broker?

Cause i think B commece is too high for me and B eocn looks just right.

wrong_turn

the chosen one
HSC
Uni Grad
yeh you can do a double major in economics and finance. this is quite common. im doing that pathway right now.

sunjet

Hip-Hop Saved My Life
HSC
micro2 was hard this sem, there was no theory at all. everything was maths.

intro metrics was easy on the other hand

Conspirocy

HSC
So if you want to go into stockbroking I would say there are a few ways to get into it:

- B Eco Majoring in Finance and something in Economics
- Doing the same in a B Com
- I have a friend who did a B Com/ B Sci and did finance and maths and yeah he was snapped up quickly

As for the majors I would do finance, and then either economics or financial economics. I think it's better to to be at least a bit broad and do economics. The reality with econometrics is that only about 12 people finish it a year, and all of them would go on to do honours in it.

Financial economics is a way to do the practical maths courses you would do in econometrics (these help with being a stockbroker) and avoiding the theory econometric courses that destroy people.

If you do go into economics major, obviously choosing most of the macroeconomic options would be the way to go.

As for the B Com B Ec, which is better. I would say B E sounds so much hotter. Like as an employer going through resumes, you just know that when its a B Com they have to be ugly. Jokes.

lordesf

HSC
what other careers can the major finance take u into?

im just curious all the possible business careers that are open to me once i do B economics

xsjado

HSC
a rock star economist like Jeffrey sachs.

wogblogger

HSC
how many days a week/hours a day is BE and BCOM
can u do all night classes full-time?

tau281290

HSC
I wanna be a free-stylist (whatever that means), and im planning to do Econ next year. Your thoughts?

tau281290

HSC
I want to be a free-living creature. How about take investor as one for now.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)