B Eng/B Comm Degree Scholarships (1 Viewer)

Zozo6969

HSC
Hi all,
I'm applying for an Engineering/Commerce degree at USyd and also maybe a scholarship. However, you can only apply for a scholarship to one faculty, and the Engineering/Commerce degree is under the Engineering faculty. Just wondering since all my other preferences are in the Economics and Business faculty. So if I don't get into the Engineering/Commerce course, i wont be able to get the scholarship for any of my other preferences. is there any way around this since the degree isnt just engineering its commerce so why isnt the degree also under the economics and business faculty? should i apply for the scholarship to the economics and business faculty would i still maybe get it for the B Eng/B Comm degree or not or what????

Zozo6969

HSC
what do you mean? its because the engineering/commerce degree is listed in the uac book in the engineering faculty, even though half of it is the business faculty, so if i applied to the business faculty, would i still be able to use the scholarship for the engineering/commerce degree?

Triangulum

Dignitatis Contentio
HSC
Zozo6969 said:
if i applied to the business faculty, would i still be able to use the scholarship for the engineering/commerce degree?
I don't think so, no, because the BE/BCom is administered by the Engineering faculty. But it could be worth emailing the scholarships office to find out if they make exceptions to the normal rule for combined degrees.

Is BE/BCom your first preference? If so, how likely is it that you'll get the UAI for it?

Last edited:

Zozo6969

HSC
94.85 i think i could get, scholarships are for >95. Yeh so if u think about it, if i dont get high enough for BE/BCom, then i cant get a scholarship for anything anyways because i wont hab got above 95

fush

HSC
yea everything needs to be done through the engineering faculty, im quite sure ur not allowed to go for any of the eco&bus scholarships if u do engg/comm.

a bit of info here, its not much though....
http://www.eng.usyd.edu.au/scholarships/forms/2008_scholarship_faq.pdf

definately try for one though, i know someone who got the RTA scholarship and they are loving it, work experience each summer and i think $15,000 pa

hurstville

HSC
N/A
Since most of your subjects are engo, you would most likely want the scholarship to be engineering.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)